0 (0%)
Gruyère
3 (27.3%)
Roquefort
0 (0%)
Ivan
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: The Traveller's Guide  (Read 5820 times)

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
  • The melody fades... in! :D
    • The BASIC FAQs
The Traveller's Guide
« on: September 17, 2013, 10:07:23 PM »
The world is filled with messengers bearing good news. But the world has no desire to believe, or even listen to this good news. The culprit is something called "pride factor."

One of these messengers is 14-year-old Melody Rouge. But her desire to tell the message, and her heart to change the world, get her in over her head in more ways than one...

Yet throughout her adventure, the One from Whom the message comes always goes with her, directing her towards His will...

The otherwise peaceful morning of 14-year-old Melody Rouge's first day of summer vacation is interrupted when her little sister Cynthia invites her to go with her to a local rock concert, but not to enjoy the music.  Cynthia suspects that foul play is afoot and needs Melody to help investigate.  Little do they know how deep the plot goes that they uncover and the trouble that they and their friends and family get into...

The Traveller's Guide is the epic tale of ordinary teenager Melody Rouge who has the unusual ability of being able to jump really high, whether she wants to or not. She and her sister Cynthia begin their summer vacation by attending a rock concert where they attempt to stop a kidnapping-in-progress, but their efforts are brought to the attention of a mysterious and villainous woman named Ms. Soirée, who begins to mercilessly hunt down Melody for unknown reasons. What does Ms. Soirée have against the Rouge family, and especially Melody? Why is Melody cursed with a virtually uncontrollable nimbleness? The story goes deep and will unravel throughout the course of the game...

This is the premise of The Traveller's Guide, the video game that I started making a long time ago and, with Ink's help, finally completed late 2014.  Very special thanks to Ink for her help with most of the game's graphics, as well as her advice on other aspects of the game (like dialogue) -- and also to Cal for her advice on game design and plot continuity issues.  I'm indebted to them both, but the praise goes especially to the Lord Jesus for allowing the game to finally come to completion after all the years spent on it. ^__^

If you're interested in playing it, it is a completely free download which you can grab from one of two mirrors -- one on my own "server" (which is a laptop I keep beside me... XD ), and one which Ink is letting me keep on the CM server.  If you find my laptop mirror sluggish, you might find the CM mirror faster. :)

This one is from right off my laptop:
http://themelodymaker.dyndns.org/tg/

This one is on CM:
http://www.christianmanga.com/tg/

Once you've played it, feel free to vote for your favorite character(s) in the poll on this thread, and let me know if who you want to vote for isn't in the poll so I can add him/her. :D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:39:47 PM by The Melody Maker »
-- Russell (aka "MelMak")
"[Sing] and [make] melody with your heart to the Lord." --Ephesians 5:19b

Current projects:
The Traveller's Guide (complete)
Private Property (in progress)
Special Delivery (on hiatus)

Offline Comicwriter

• Level 4
Re: The Traveller's Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »
Melody. Cause she's the main character. and she's nice. (wow great reason CW...)

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:16:24 PM »
The green guy of the Sheep Cheese band :D Forgotten his name, but I like him because he has a change of heart and tries to help Melody.

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
    • The BASIC FAQs
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 12:20:04 AM »
^__^  You're thinking of Gruyère, and I added him to the poll (along with Brie and Roquefort) so you can switch your vote to him from "other" if you want to. :)

By the way -- in case you ever forget which one of the Cheap Sheep Cheese members is whom, each one's name starts with the same letter as the color he's wearing.  (Brie = blue, Gruyère = green, Roquefort = red.) ^_^
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:25:24 AM by The Melody Maker »

Current projects:

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 03:24:49 AM »
Lol! Thanks MelMak :D That's a handy way of remembering

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 10:15:51 AM »
There's no option to vote for the whole CSC, so I voted for Gruyere.  :3  (Close enough!)

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
    • The BASIC FAQs
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
Poll fixed so you can now vote for your three most favorite characters. :D  (Fixed it just for you, Ink. ^_^ )

Current projects:

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
    • The BASIC FAQs
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
What questions have you always wanted to ask your favorite characters in The Traveller's Guide?  Let your voice be heard in this thread! :D  [Edit: Now you can also ask via the e-mail link on the download site if you'd rather do it that way, and I'll post the answer both on this thread and on the site. ^_^ ]  I'll have my characters reply whenever they have free time, assuming they can get themselves coordinated long enough to come up with something remotely intelligent. XD

All joking aside, I'll reply whenever I have time, though I can't promise it'll always be right away. :)  However, I only ask one thing -- please try to avoid asking them questions that might reveal spoilers about the game.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:31:58 AM by The Melody Maker »

Current projects:

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 03:01:52 AM »
Cynthia - you are obviously a fan of crime solving.  Who is your favourite fictional crime solver, and why?

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
    • The BASIC FAQs
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »
Cynthia - you are obviously a fan of crime solving.  Who is your favourite fictional crime solver, and why?

Cynthia:  Oh, wow!  I get the first question! *v*  And yes, it is true that I like to solve lots of mysteries, isn't it? :D

Tess:  Like why your hairbow stays up in the air. ^^

Cynthia:  Yeah, like why my hairbow...  Hey, that's just well-placed hairspray!  And it was already like that when I got it.  ...Yeah. >v>;

Melody:  Ahem... you haven't answered Sarah's question yet, Cynth. ^^;

Cynthia:  OH!  My favorite fictional crime solver?  I don't know; I never actually thought about it before.  But... I shall investigate! :D *magnifying glass flourish~*  To the library, ladies!

Melody:  (We have a library?  Since when? o_o )

Despite the fact that Neece has no library, the girls suddenly end up in some library somewhere.  We don't know where.  Standing down the detective novel aisle...

Cynthia:  Okay, Mel, you look at the books down that way.  Tessie, you look over that way.  I'll look around this area somewhere.  Based on what we all come up together, I'll figure out who my favorite fictional detective is!

Tess:  Cynthie, we can't help you decide that; this is your own decision to make!

Melody:  (whispering in Tess' ear) Humor her, Tess.  I think this is crazy too, but if it keeps her happy and answers Sarah's question...

Tess:  (whispering back) If you say so, Mellie... ^^;

The girls start browsing through the books on the shelf.  Oblivious to everything going on around her, Cynthia passes over such literary greats as Sherlock Holmes, Adrian Monk and Scooby-Doo.

Cynthia:  Hmm, not seeing anything here...

As Melody searches on her end, she suddenly notices a guy slip a book under his jacket.  When he starts walking towards the library's front door...

Melody:  ...D:  TESS, AFTER THAT GUY!  HE'S TRYING TO STEAL A BOOK!

Tess runs after the guy, and catching up, she tackles him to the floor.  Cynthia is still absorbed in her book search.

Cynthia:  Man, aren't there any actual detectives in these novels?...

Having apprehended the would-be book thief, Melody and Tess are thanked by the librarian who takes the guy into custody while calling the police.  The girls go back to find Cynthia still hunting in books...

Cynthia:  I can't find a single fictional detective in any of these books!  Did you two come up with anything?

Melody:  Yeah... =_=

Tess:  A fictional criminal. =_=

Current projects:

Offline QuietGrace

• Level 6
  • Qualified as a ninja before I could walk
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 09:08:29 PM »
XD That was pretty funny! Usually, I post on every Ask A Character section there is, but I have yet to play The Traveler's Guide. I think I found out what I want for Christmas though...^_^

Until then, keep up the good work, MelMak!
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

Offline Comicwriter

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 09:10:51 PM »
Melody: What is your favorite band since you obviously don't like cheap sheep cheese.

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
    • The BASIC FAQs
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 11:24:36 PM »
I have yet to play The Traveler's Guide. I think I found out what I want for Christmas though...^_^

The game is a free download, QG.  You can wait until Christmas if you want to, but you could also go ahead and check it out any time you feel like it. :)

Also, I've received two new questions -- besides Comicwriter's, one from my mom whose username on another forum is Mossrose.  I'll start with that of the latter because I got it first. ^_^

--------------------------------

Quote from: mossrose
Dear Marcie, why do you wear a hat in the kitchen, and why do you speak with a Bostonian accent when you are clearly from western Canada?

Marcie:  I don't know what a "Bostonian" or a "Canada" is, dahling.  I come from a place called Vercanva, and everybody there speaks like I do.

Alex:  And I love listening to it.  Especially from you, hun. ^w^

Marcie:  Thank you, dahling. <3

Cynthia:  Oh oh oh!  I know why you wear your hat in the kitchen, Mom!  You use it as a measuring cup, right? :D

Marcie:  ...Er, well... ^^;

Melody:  No, Cynth.  It's to protect her scalp from getting splattered by hot oil from the deep fryer.  That stuff can hurt. @_@

Marcie:  Well, that's a good point, dahling, but... ^^;

Tess:  Nah, I think Cynthie's on to something.  It's not only a measuring cup, but a mixing bowl.  And possibly a strainer. :D

Alex:  And it just looks so pretty on her.  It makes a great fashion statement -- hats for the kitchen worldwide! ^o^//  But I like your idea for a wearable all-purpose kitchen tool, Tess.  Maybe I can invent something like that. :)

Cynthia:  Or... maybe it's stuck to your head, Mom! D:

Marcie:  ...=o=\\  It's to keep my hair out of the food when I cook, dahlings.

Melody, Cynthia, Tess:  .........^^;;;  *sneak away~*

Alex:  But it still looks good on you, hun!  But I bet I could invent something you could wear that looks better and would also make a good all-purpose... uh... o_o;

Marcie:  *takes off her hat and smacks Alex with it* :@

Alex:  (I don't think I'll enjoy hearing that accent the next little while... ^^;;; )

--------------------------------

Melody: What is your favorite band since you obviously don't like cheap sheep cheese.

Melody:  Well, Comicwriter, I can't necessarily say that I don't like inexpensive lamb curd because I've never tasted it.  But I don't think I'll go out of my way to try it. XD;;

Cynthia:  But you do have a favorite band, don't you, Mel? ^^

Melody:  ...Yes, I do.  My head band.  It keeps my hair out of my face. :D

Cynthia:  That's not what I meant, Mel. ^^;

Melody:  ...A rubber band? :D;

Cynthia:  You know exactly what I'm talking about.  A certain music band. :3

Melody:  It's too embarassing to say, Cynth.  People will think I'm weird... ^//^;;

Cynthia:  Since when has what people think of you ever stopped you from speaking up for the Lord?  This shouldn't bother you! :D

Melody:  .........The Neece Chapter Polka Dot Band. >///>;;;

Cynthia:  There ya go!  I don't think you're weird for liking them, Mel.  We all have different tastes, after all. :)

Melody:  ^__^  I didn't think you'd think me weird, Cynth.

Cynthia:  To show my thanks for coming with me to the Cheap Sheep Cheese concert, I'll come with you the next time the Polka Dot Band plays.  Do they serve any good food there? ^^

Melody:  Inexpensive lamb curd. ;)

Current projects:

Offline NovaPrincess

• Future authoress and artist. <3
  • Level 5
  • Stay bright and sparkly! <3
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 12:26:15 AM »
HAHAHAHA!! I like those Ask A Character things!! XD  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"When something goes wrong, just yell 'PLOT TWIST!!' and move on."
    ~unknown

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 04:30:40 AM »
Lol!!

Dear Mr Rouge,

If you are ever successful with your flying car, where is the first place you would go and why? 

And to Mrs Rouge - what would your husband invariably leave behind on his first flight drive?