Author Topic: New Anime 2018  (Read 109 times)

Offline Supersword

• Level 3
New Anime 2018
« on: February 22, 2018, 01:09:21 AM »
Hey,

Wanted to start a fun thread to talk about all the anime that just came out this year and to see what people are watching this season (always looking for a new show). Here's what caught my eye this season. BTW, I'm a little Biased to Slice of Life ones so I lot of them (if not all) on my list are:

-School Babysitters. Honestly, this anime is so adorable with all the little kids and a relatable male lead with a deep backstory. The way he juggles his school life and little brother and just so cute to watch.

-How to keep a mummy. I picked this one up first episode, and the little Mummy just caught my heart in all the right places with how sweet he is. I'm not sure about all the mythology stuff in it (I know one of the little creatures is an Oni child or something), so I wanted to get another person's opinion before I keep watching.

-Dagashi Kashi. Now this one I liked for the art style and it's humorous plot. Watching the female lead try to trick Coconosu (that's probably not how you spell his name) every time has a certain charm while also learning about different types of Japanese candy is cool.

-Karakai Jozu No Takagi-San. It's a classic boy always trying to prank his friend/love interest while she always manages to be one step ahead (girl power  ^-^). But the characters seem sweet and I'm sure the male lead will realize his feeling eventually.

-Still waiting for Nanbaka Season 3. Honestly, I'm so ready for them to release the new season (I heard it's supposed to be out this year). This show is one of my fav Action/Comedy/Prison Anime and I can't wait to see what happened to all my favorite characters.

Well, that's my list. Like mentioned above, I'm always looking for a new Anime to watch so if anyone has a suggestion for something let me know. Right now I've also been rewatching Assassination Classroom and Tanaka-Kun is always listless so if there's also an old one, I'd love to watch it too.

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
Re: New Anime 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:24:03 AM »
I have... no clue what's coming out this year. The most recent anime I saw was Erased (2016). That one was pretty good.
If we donít resist the call of the light,
Weíre no better than moths.

Emo Kylo Ren (Renís Rights Activist)

Offline FreakForGod

• Forge the Melon Lord
  • Level 6
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 03:28:58 AM »
Same here. Iím just waiting for Jojo part 5, but other than that, I havenít been keeping track of anime recently. The most recent one I watched was Initial D.. which is pretty old now..

Offline Supersword

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 10:05:23 AM »
Well that's ok. I haven't watched Erased or JoJo yet, so I'll put it on the list.  :)

Offline cherryblossom

• Level 7
  • anime is my middle name,you say anime, i'm there
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 12:19:26 PM »
ohohoho! yes we have quit a lot coming out this year!
im happy someone started this thread >^<
okay so first is

violet evergarden: its an AMAZING anime really beautiful but also hard to find. i enjoy the dub, its actually decent. if you have not seen it I HIGHLY recommend it. the art work will blow you away.

My hero academia season 3: im pretty hyped for this one >^<

boungou stray dogs: I know its been out for a while but im waiting each week for the dub so~ it seems new to me XD

code realize: it finished in January so that counts as a anime in 2018. I enjoyed it beginning to end

kiznaiver: It was FINALLY dubbed this year! I LOVED IT! I ended up watching  it in one day XD

recovery of an MMO junky: im not sure if this is new to this year but it seems fairly new. it was a pretty good slice of life. better than most of the slice of life ive seen in a while.

Tanaka_kun is always listless: it was finally dubbed this year >^<

madoka magica: finally got around to watching it this year XP

black butler: it took me forever to finish it but I FINALLY did this year. Twas beautiful

yuri!! on ice: I didnt want to.. but everyone was talking about it so i watched it all in two nights XD I could have lived my whole life without watching it. Sadly I can say it was pretty good

full metal alchemist brotherhood: pretty good series. a bit slow but good.

blood blockade battle front and beyond: I LOVED this series. I'm a bit sad its over though T^T

Karakai Jozu No Takagi-San: its a cute series so I like to take a break from the bloody ones and watch some cute slice of life series from time to time

naruto shippuden: god I love the naruto series~

Romeo x juliete: A series I own and decided to rewatch. if you havnt seen it I HIGHLY recommend it.

Death note: Ive picked it up, not sure if im going to finish it

Maid sama: Finally got around to watching it XP it was.....fine it wasnt that good

noragami: its pretty good. I like the animation and the story is decent

the ancient magus bride: its a fairly new series. I enjoyed it. its a tad bit odd but thats probably why I liked it XP

no game no life; a very interesting series, I wish it didnt have so much fan service XP I loved the characters the story-line and even the animation. over all it was a fun series to watch.

soul eater: it was unlike anything ive seen, good or bad XD I enjoyed all the unexpected twist and turns the story made.

Kino's journey its a beautiful world: this was an AMAZING series, I loved the twisted world that she was in and how it pointed out the good and the bad in our own world today. the art work was breath taking and the characters were intriguing.

well, this list could be quit long so im gonna stop there XD
but this is a few series ive seen this year so far. if your ever looking for a series to watch... you can always ask me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:52:51 PM by cherryblossom »

Offline Supersword

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 03:48:42 PM »
Oh my gosh!!!!! Thank you so much Cheeryblossom. I didn't even know Tanaka-Kun got a dub. That is one of my favorite amines of all time!! You just made my day. ;D And I like Kiznaiver too, I need to finish it now. Also Recovery of an MMO. But now I'm gonna go search for the Tanaka-Kun dub. And binge watch it if I can!

(Cue pajama pants and unhealthy snacks).  ;) :D

Offline cherryblossom

• Level 7
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 04:03:16 PM »
haha NP ^^ if you need a link to the website I found it just PM me and I can PM it to you ^^ I hope you enjoy! I love that series too ^^
haha wow your the first person ive met who has seen any of kiznaiver or MMO junkie
well I hope you enjoy all of them!~

Offline Supersword

• Level 3
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
Yes please! Can you message me the link?! Cause I used to stream on KissAnime and that site has the dubb (I just checked), but the site has too many ads now and sometimes an ad will pop up saying my phone has been infected with a virus and I need to call this Apple number to "fix" it (a total scam, BTW. The ad messes with the internet connection on my phone though). Thank you so much!!

Offline cherryblossom

• Level 7
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 04:29:33 PM »
ahh yeah I used to use that place too XD but it kept giving me the same thing XD well the website I know is faster, ill PM it to you. it has all the good stuff like violet evergarden, MMO junkie, kiznaiver and tanaka_kun is always listless dubs.

Offline Supersword

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 04:31:38 PM »
Yay! I really appreciate it!