Author Topic: Random thoughts <3  (Read 831682 times)

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
Re: Random thoughts <3
« Reply #24270 on: November 02, 2017, 03:06:03 AM »
Mike Stoklasa from Red Letter Media: "Listen, pencilneck -- it's cool to SAY you're a nerd, but it's still not cool to BE a nerd."

Ain't that the truth. :-\
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16

Offline calbhach

• Level 8
  • Commission Artist and Tutorial Maker
    • DA
« Reply #24271 on: November 02, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »
Just thought I'd boop this out there in case anyone's interested~

I now have a Patreon account (don't think I've mentioned it here to this point XD) and am looking for patrons. ^^

The main purpose of this Patreon account is to give amateur artists painting tutorials, but I have tons of things on there that you'll never see full copies of on my DA account or other accounts. Tutorials, progressions, videos, WIPs, sketches, chibis, full-color art and more depending on the tier you choose~ Rewards starting as low as $1~

Please spread the word! :3

Offline D-Kitsune

• Aspiring author and ancient Japanese goddess of Corn Syrup.
  • Level 7
  • ...also The Ninja Artist's big sister.
« Reply #24272 on: November 02, 2017, 04:27:08 PM »
Idk if this would be appropriate to share here considering recent events, but I've written Part One of a Mortality story in case anyone is interested. If anyone wants to read it, you can PM me and I'll shoot you a link.

I'd rate it PG for spoops and one reference to a person being a prostitute.
Happy October everyone!

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” ~C.S. Lewis

You are special, you are worth it, you are loved. Don't you forget it.

~~~

My DevientArt: http://donnadarling1412.deviantart.com
My Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/DonnaDarling1412

Offline Lizzie Grace the Geek

• Draws, plays games, and lives for God
  • Level 4
  • Are you okay, Annie?
« Reply #24273 on: November 02, 2017, 09:55:19 PM »
I need to get this off my chest...

I LOVE TEEN TITANS GO!!! WHY DO PEOPLE HATE IT SO MUCH?!?!

:runcryplz: 
*PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING IF YOU'D LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH AND\OR CONTINUE TO SEE MY WORK:*
For more of my art, check out my Instagram: lizzie_grace_the_geek
Care to chat on Snapchat?: lizziegthegeek
Uh... I save a lot of stuff on Pinterest: Lizzie G. the Geek

Hope to see ya! 🙋

Offline D-Kitsune

• Aspiring author and ancient Japanese goddess of Corn Syrup.
  • Level 7
  • ...also The Ninja Artist's big sister.
« Reply #24274 on: November 02, 2017, 10:25:39 PM »

I'd tell you, but I don't wanna be a party pooper for you. :(
Happy October everyone!

“If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” ~C.S. Lewis

You are special, you are worth it, you are loved. Don't you forget it.

~~~

My DevientArt: http://donnadarling1412.deviantart.com
My Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/DonnaDarling1412

Offline OceanWave

• Voldemort handed me a gun
  • Level 5
  • Here to mars
« Reply #24275 on: November 02, 2017, 10:26:06 PM »

It happens everytime something beloved is re imagined. The show seems a little goofy compared to the original but it's cute. (The original being goofy as well, but with all the dark edgy bits to make your 12 year old rage bubble)
"What have I to show except, the promises I never kept" - artist in the ambulance by Thrice.

Offline The ninja artist

• Aspiring cartoonist and fully trained Ninja Master
  • Level 7
  • ...also D-Kitsune's little brother.
« Reply #24276 on: November 03, 2017, 04:03:14 PM »

Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with liking Teen Titans Go. If you enjoy it, go ahead! Nothing wrong with having different tastes. :P

If you want to know the REAL reason why people hate it, I'll tell you, but like Kitsy said it might just ruin the experience for you. So you don't have to read it. If you're still curious tho, here it is: Let's travel back in time to the year 2003. Back in the early 2000's, people thought cartoons couldn't be anything other than being silly, dumb, and over the top random. Then Teen Titans aired. And it proved that cartoons could be SO much more than people gave them credit for! They could be funny, but they could also be dark! They could have fun characters, but could also have a serious plot! Teen Titans was a smart cartoon in a time that people thought that cartoons could only be stupid.

Now flash forward 10 years to present day. The standard for cartoons has gone a complete 180. Now a days, people literally expect cartoons to defy the standard and try something different from the original mold. Cartoons like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are super popular and beloved by viewers, not only because they're entertaining, but because they're actual ART! it is now an age where people treat cartoons like they're more than just "kids stuff". There's substance that any age can love and enjoy! Then a new Teen Titans show is announced, and all of the original fans are excited as heck. Then it finally comes out, and everyone hates it. The reason why? IT'S EVERYTHING THAT THE ORIGINAL WAS TRYING TO NOT BE. Teen Titans was serious. Go is silly. Teen Titans was smart. Go is dumb. Teen Titans was a progression. Go is a digression. Teen Titans was ahead of it's time. Go is behind it's time. Teen Titans defied the standard. Go tries to stay within the standard. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hate on Teen Titans Go, and I don't fault people who enjoy it! If you can see something in TTG that I and other people can't, i'm happy for you. But I think it's hard for most people to respect a show whose creators have absolutely no understanding on why the original was good to begin with.

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

YOUTUBE! DEVIANT ART! GO!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIFL8IzPy-NYmCvrCmDmuIQ
https://theninjaartist16.deviantart.com/

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #24277 on: November 03, 2017, 06:05:21 PM »
@The ninja artist
I have a hard time disagreeing. I wasn't a huge fan of the original series, but I did find it watchable. Sometimes, it was pretty good. Sometimes, it was even great. There was this one episode where Robin obsessively hunts for Slade, even threatening his own friends in the process. Turned out he was hallucinating -- going mad, losing his mind. That's some heavy stuff. It went to some bold places.

My brother likes Teen Titans Go!. I've picked up on a few moments that are self-aware, acknowledging the original series and also contempt for the new one. I don't hate it, because I think it knows what it is. I do not find it watchable. (One positive, though: I stumbled into the room while this was playing. That episode was apparently some kind of music video -- totally eighties and experimental. I was like, "Hey, what's this?" And he was like, "Teen Titans Go!" And I was like, "Are you serious?!" Because I totally couldn't tell.)

Totally random, but one of my friends had a crush on Terra.

Online FreakForGod

• Forge the Melon Lord
  • Level 6
« Reply #24278 on: November 03, 2017, 06:24:33 PM »
That was way better than I was expecting.

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #24279 on: November 03, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »
Expecting...?

:curiosityplz:

Online FreakForGod

• Forge the Melon Lord
  • Level 6
« Reply #24280 on: November 03, 2017, 06:54:10 PM »
I just didn’t expect something from Teen Titans Go to be that good.

Online cherryblossom

• artist, we were made to bring color to this monotone world
  • Level 7
  • anime is my middle name,you say anime, i'm there
« Reply #24281 on: November 03, 2017, 06:57:44 PM »
hey senpai I ran out of PMs, so can we steam?

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #24282 on: November 03, 2017, 08:44:21 PM »
@Forge
Oh. You must mean the song. Yeah, surprised me too. (If they were to make an entire show of imitation 70s/80s music with psychedelic animated characters, there's a chance I'd actually watch it. They're not gonna do that, and I'm not saying they should. Clearly, I'm not their intended audience.)

Offline SuperStarlite

• Level 4
  • Hello!
    • My DeviantArt...
« Reply #24283 on: November 04, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
Nice post Ninja, though I do have to disagree with something. Teen Titans aired in a post-Batman The Animated Series world, people already expected Super Hero cartoons to be worth while.
Awaiting rapture be like

Offline The ninja artist

• Aspiring cartoonist and fully trained Ninja Master
  • Level 7
  • ...also D-Kitsune's little brother.
« Reply #24284 on: November 04, 2017, 02:25:43 PM »
@Star: very good point Star. Still, a lot of cartoons during that time were pretty goofy, so Teen Titans was still ahead of it's time.

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

YOUTUBE! DEVIANT ART! GO!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIFL8IzPy-NYmCvrCmDmuIQ
https://theninjaartist16.deviantart.com/