Author Topic: Random thoughts <3  (Read 841882 times)

Offline Lizzie Grace the Geek

• Daddy's Lil' Geek
  • Level 4
  • Hey there, puddin'!
Re: Random thoughts <3
« Reply #24330 on: November 20, 2017, 11:59:30 AM »
I think after Sonic's appearance in Wreck-it Ralph, fans wanted a CGI Sonic movie.
*PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING IF YOU'D LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH AND\OR CONTINUE TO SEE MY WORK:*
For more of my art, check out my Instagram: lizzie_grace_the_geek
Care to chat on Snapchat?: lizziegthegeek
Uh... I save a lot of stuff on Pinterest: Lizzie G. the Geek

Hope to see ya! 🙋

Offline SuperStarlite

• Level 4
  • Hello!
    • My DeviantArt...
« Reply #24331 on: November 20, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »
Well we've known about this for a bit, but I think that poster is a fan made one.
Awaiting rapture be like

Offline Lizzie Grace the Geek

• Daddy's Lil' Geek
  • Level 4
  • Hey there, puddin'!
« Reply #24332 on: November 20, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »
O it is?  :(

Well...

Shows how good a job he/she did! I thought it was real!  ;D
*PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING IF YOU'D LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH AND\OR CONTINUE TO SEE MY WORK:*
For more of my art, check out my Instagram: lizzie_grace_the_geek
Care to chat on Snapchat?: lizziegthegeek
Uh... I save a lot of stuff on Pinterest: Lizzie G. the Geek

Hope to see ya! 🙋

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #24333 on: November 20, 2017, 02:27:37 PM »
Anyway, did the ol' Cowboy Bebop thing for lunch. Bell peppers and beef. Without any beef.
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16

Offline miku hatsune

• Music is a heartbeat that never stops, beauty that never fades, a friend that's always there when you need one, and a lover that never leaves.
  • Level 4
  • Sound waves of the future = 3 =
« Reply #24334 on: November 20, 2017, 03:31:23 PM »
Well at least you're saving the cows. (POOR COWS) :begplz:

I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is GLAD, and my whole being REJOICES; my flesh also dwells secure. Psalm 16:8-9

Offline SuperStarlite

• Level 4
  • Hello!
    • My DeviantArt...
« Reply #24335 on: November 20, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »
I'm more of a chicken guy.
Awaiting rapture be like

Offline artisticDreamer

• The Trashest Bird
  • Level 6
  • Chrom for Smash 2k17
« Reply #24336 on: November 21, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »
This is some pretty good tea.

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #24337 on: November 21, 2017, 11:37:01 PM »
A Bulgarian Orthodox chant. This sounds ancient and otherworldly.

Online The ninja artist

• Aspiring cartoonist and fully trained Ninja Master
  • Level 7
  • ...also D-Kitsune's little brother.
« Reply #24338 on: November 22, 2017, 12:43:10 AM »
I know we're not supposed to talk about politics on here, but I feel this message is so important, I need to share it anywhere I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHyMORrsaYk

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

YOUTUBE! DEVIANT ART! GO!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIFL8IzPy-NYmCvrCmDmuIQ
https://theninjaartist16.deviantart.com/

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #24339 on: November 22, 2017, 02:06:56 AM »
@The ninja artist
No, we're really not... but I will say that net neutrality is more complicated than it's made out to be (and I'm not sure that people really understand what it is; just that it sounds nice, because who doesn't want a free and open Internet?). He suggests that net neutrality is a bulwark against media corruption and monopoly. For the record, I'm against media corruption and monopoly -- and I could make the case that net neutrality does the opposite of what he claims. It might actually strengthen corporate monopolies ( la AT&T) by pushing smaller ISPs out of the marketplace, thereby giving you less choice in how you want your Internet.

Anyway, we've said too much (I, particularly). I don't have a horse in these political games. Republicans, Democrats, they're all the same to me. So long as voting isn't mandatory, you'll never see me down at the voting booth. I'll stay home and watch stupid movies instead.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:49:32 AM by Theomedes »

Online The ninja artist

• Level 7
« Reply #24340 on: November 22, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »
@The ninja artist
No, we're really not... but I will say that net neutrality is more complicated than it's made out to be (and I'm not sure that people really understand what it is; just that it sounds nice, because who doesn't want a free and open Internet?). He suggests that net neutrality is a bulwark against media corruption and monopoly. For the record, I'm against media corruption and monopoly -- and I could make the case that net neutrality does the opposite of what he claims. It might actually strengthen corporate monopolies ( la AT&T) by pushing smaller ISPs out of the marketplace, thereby giving you less choice in how you want your Internet.

Anyway, we've said too much (I, particularly). I don't have a horse in these political games. Republicans, Democrats, they're all the same to me. So long as voting isn't mandatory, you'll never see me down at the voting booth. I'll stay home and watch stupid movies instead.

Well, at least we can agree on some things. I regret sharing that video. In retrospect, it poorly represents my beliefs about Net Neutrality and why I think it's important.

I'd appreciate it tho if you could explain to me why you think Net Neutrality is doing the opposite of what it's intended to do via private messaging. I don't want to start an argument. I'm legitimately curious about your reasoning for why you're against it. You probably know more about this subject than I do, so perhaps what you have to say can enlighten me, and even change my mind.

And in response to your comment about voting, for the most part I can relate to your cynicism, however (no offense) but I also find your attitude a bit disrespectful. I consider it a honor to be able to vote, even in a flawed Republic. A lot of people don't get that honor.

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

Offline red.tiger.lugano

• Level 3
    • Redtigerlugano's Deviantart page
« Reply #24341 on: November 22, 2017, 03:33:36 PM »
Ninja! Just noticed that signature thing is just so funny. Its brilliant.
https://redravenarts.deviantart.com

* Bible Prophecy Addict *

Matthew 28:6 He is not here, for He is risen!

Online The ninja artist

• Level 7
« Reply #24342 on: November 22, 2017, 03:51:20 PM »
Ninja! Just noticed that signature thing is just so funny. Its brilliant.
XDD Ikr? I accidentally forgot to take it down after halloween.

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #24343 on: November 22, 2017, 03:55:44 PM »
@the ninja artist
Sure. If you're curious, I'll PM you with some of my reasoning. But let me admit upfront that while I have a position (which I hold tentatively), I don't know how "enlightening" I'll really be. I've looked into the issue. That doesn't mean I understand all of its nuances. I'm not some kind of expert.

And yes, my end remarks were flippant and off-putting. For that, I apologize. It's not just cynicism, though. I'm philosophically different. I don't believe in democracy as a political concept, and I don't believe in voting to achieve my political ends. I believe in other forms of (pacifistic/non-violent) action. That's another conversation altogether.

Online The ninja artist

• Level 7
« Reply #24344 on: November 22, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »
@Theomedes: Alrighty! I look forward to reading what you have to say. ^_^

Ahhh, I see. Well, I can relate to being abrasive about my opinions. Being upfront is actually a quality I admire, tbh. And I can understand holding a different opinion on democracy as a concept. (But don't forget, we don't actually live in a democracy. We live in a republic.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:09:22 PM by The ninja artist »