Author Topic: Random thoughts <3  (Read 832067 times)

Online cherryblossom

• artist, we were made to bring color to this monotone world
  • Level 7
  • anime is my middle name,you say anime, i'm there
Re: Random thoughts <3
« Reply #23520 on: July 17, 2017, 10:54:41 AM »
Curnchyroll XD yeahhhhh I use a lot of questionable places, but I try to avoid Crunchyroll since they are known for adding WAY more swearing then any other legal sub spot, like I had tried out kimi ni  todoke a long time ago on Crunchyroll and had to stop due to the amount on language, but I found a different subbed and it never had those words!!!!!

Offline miku hatsune

• Music is a heartbeat that never stops, beauty that never fades, a friend that's always there when you need one, and a lover that never leaves.
  • Level 4
  • Sound waves of the future = 3 =
« Reply #23521 on: July 17, 2017, 03:10:14 PM »
lol ikr crunchyroll is not very family friendly. i though for the longest time that is was some japanese food

I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is GLAD, and my whole being REJOICES; my flesh also dwells secure. Psalm 16:8-9

Offline OceanWave

• Voldemort handed me a gun
  • Level 5
  • Here to mars
« Reply #23522 on: July 17, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »
lol ikr crunchyroll is not very family friendly. i though for the longest time that is was some japanese food
It is a type of sushi as well I believe, yes
"What have I to show except, the promises I never kept" - artist in the ambulance by Thrice.

Offline redfur-akamaru

• CM Senpai and Comic creator
  • Level 9
  • callieeileen.tumblr.com
    • Art Blog - Tumblr
« Reply #23523 on: July 17, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »
*cough ehem*  Might I add some points to this convo. As someone who understands conversational Japanese at a fluent level, Crunchyroll is fairly accurate with the exception of where US copyright won't allow. Far more so than many fan-subs. As a second point, Crunchyroll is legal, whereas other sites (KissAnime and other fan sites) are Illegal, meaning you don't support the making of anime at all. Your favorite shows can't get season 2 because they don't have enough viewers....because many of the viewers and fan do so off the radar. (Also you can get virus from other sites, be careful)

Offline SuperStarlite

• Level 4
  • Hello!
    • My DeviantArt...
« Reply #23524 on: July 17, 2017, 07:22:03 PM »
From what I've heard Crunchyroll barely helps the anime industry, it only helps with the licensing of anime outside of Japan. Still a good thing, but not quite what they make it sound like.
Awaiting rapture be like

Offline redfur-akamaru

• Level 9
    • Art Blog - Tumblr
« Reply #23525 on: July 17, 2017, 07:35:29 PM »
Perhaps, but still very important. Follow the law, kiddos.

Offline The ninja artist

• Aspiring cartoonist and fully trained Ninja Master
  • Level 7
  • ...also D-Kitsune's little brother.
« Reply #23526 on: July 17, 2017, 07:37:59 PM »
Don't forget guys that there are also moral implications to illegally watching anime. For every bootleg episode you watch, you're stealing money from the creators that made it. I don't mean to get up on a soap box, but it's true. Kitsy and I used to watch anime on fandub sites all the time, until we realized what we were doing was wrong and put an end to it. I think we both can live with missing some episodes of detective conan if it means having a clear conscience. 

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

YOUTUBE! DEVIANT ART! GO!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIFL8IzPy-NYmCvrCmDmuIQ
https://theninjaartist16.deviantart.com/

Online cherryblossom

• artist, we were made to bring color to this monotone world
  • Level 7
  • anime is my middle name,you say anime, i'm there
« Reply #23527 on: July 17, 2017, 07:47:03 PM »
>w>;; haha yeahhhhhhh, (hehe this is awkward) erm~ I  prob gonna go subscribe to funimation

Offline SuperStarlite

• Level 4
  • Hello!
    • My DeviantArt...
« Reply #23528 on: July 17, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »
Don't forget guys that there are also moral implications to illegally watching anime. For every bootleg episode you watch, you're stealing money from the creators that made it. I don't mean to get up on a soap box, but it's true. Kitsy and I used to watch anime on fandub sites all the time, until we realized what we were doing was wrong and put an end to it. I think we both can live with missing some episodes of detective conan if it means having a clear conscience.
"Missing a few episodes" you mean that those episodes aren't even available legally? I agree with using the legal means if possible, but if you can't even do it legally where's the harm in doing it in a morally gray area?
Awaiting rapture be like

Offline The ninja artist

• Aspiring cartoonist and fully trained Ninja Master
  • Level 7
  • ...also D-Kitsune's little brother.
« Reply #23529 on: July 17, 2017, 08:03:48 PM »
@Star: Well, detective conan is complicated compared to most anime, because only the first few seasons were brought to the west, and since it's kinda obscure, Crunchyroll didn't pick it up until recently, so litterally hundreds of episodes are missing out there. The only way to watch them is thru fandubs. You may have a point there...

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

YOUTUBE! DEVIANT ART! GO!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIFL8IzPy-NYmCvrCmDmuIQ
https://theninjaartist16.deviantart.com/

Offline OceanWave

• Voldemort handed me a gun
  • Level 5
  • Here to mars
« Reply #23530 on: July 17, 2017, 08:11:44 PM »
I used to watch Detective Conan with my brother and we had to get it off a Russian site? I'm still not sure why lol.
...is it still going? Will he ever not be 7?
"What have I to show except, the promises I never kept" - artist in the ambulance by Thrice.

Offline redfur-akamaru

• Level 9
    • Art Blog - Tumblr
« Reply #23531 on: July 17, 2017, 08:35:22 PM »
I agree with using the legal means if possible, but if you can't even do it legally where's the harm in doing it in a morally gray area?

Perhaps, but as Christians our response should always be "What is the best option" instead of "Well it's not that bad". If you can't do it legally, then it doesn't give you a free pass to do so illegally. Not saying these things in judgment or condemnation upon anyone, but rather urging the members here to understand the danger of gray areas.

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #23532 on: July 17, 2017, 09:31:05 PM »
I don't know the ins and outs of international copyright law (nor do I want to; it seems like a dreadful topic), but I do know this: it's good to support the artists you care about. When you like their work, it's good to support them however you can. That's what I try to do with anime, and that's what I try to do with our people here, like Inkhana, Sparkle Foxie, etc. As for legal gray areas, well... ethical quandaries aside, it's imprudent to engage in things like "piracy." That alone should be good enough reason to avoid it.
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16

Offline yorokobigirl123

• God's child, Senior CMer, trying to be an artist
  • Level 8
  • I'm Yoro, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D in training.
    • Tumblr Account
« Reply #23533 on: July 18, 2017, 12:17:51 AM »
If you guys haven't seen the movie Priceless yet, I highly recommend it.
my favorite verses are Psalms 139 and Romans 8:28 deviantart: animeiscool1234.deviantart.com
Tumblr: jessmk93.tumblr.com

Offline TheMidnightRiddler

• Nazo: creator of awkward silences!
  • Level 8
« Reply #23534 on: July 18, 2017, 12:22:40 AM »
I was just walking in my kitchen minding my own business when a bIG SPIDER COMES DOWN OUT OF NOWHERE AND ALMOST LANDS RIGHT ON ME. I'm still traumatized.

(Reading my signature fills you with determination.)