Author Topic: Ross-art :D  (Read 22213 times)

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
Re: Ross-art :D
« Reply #390 on: October 04, 2014, 11:25:49 PM »
O___O That is an epic hand ~

One comment - it looks like a giant's hand, because of the trees in the background. Not sure if this was intentional or not... (/end digging for character info)

Offline NikitaRose

• <=====)--o
  • Level 8
« Reply #391 on: October 05, 2014, 09:22:09 PM »
WOW ROSS! That last picture is EPIC. Very nicely done~ I like it a lot ^^b

Offline TheMidnightRiddler

• Nazo: creator of awkward silences!
  • Level 8
« Reply #392 on: October 05, 2014, 09:35:52 PM »
Wah so much detail. *o* That must have taken you forever! It looks amazing. \>o</

(Reading my signature fills you with determination.)

Offline RossAnime

• The chiefest of sinners
  • Level 6
  • This skin and bones is a rental
    • www.rossanime.weebly.com
« Reply #393 on: October 05, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »
XD thanks Sarah! :D yeah, the hand does look kind big. he is 6 foot 5, but still... XD i need to work on my perspective...

Thanks Niki! :D it was only supposed to be just a sketch, but it kinda exploded.... XD

Thank you MidnightRider! ;D it took me about an hour, i think...
Tell me, why do we, as human beings, think that we can change the truth by believing a lie?
"Shasta's heart fainted at these words for he felt he had no strength left. And he writhed inside at what seemed the  cruelty and unfairness of the demand. He had not yet learned that if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to do another and harder and better one." The Horse and His Boy
rossanime.deviantart.com

Offline RossAnime

• Level 6
« Reply #394 on: October 07, 2014, 11:04:03 PM »
Some new art!
The cave dwelling rodinchee and their liestock

The cave dwelling Rodinchee and some of the unusual trees that grow in their underground utopia.

These are some of the characters from the book i hope to do for nanowrimo this year. If time permits...
they have no names as of yet. Just a number for the order they were created.

hopefully i'll have time to draw more now that iv'e had to drop one of my classes.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:05:34 PM by RossAnime »
Tell me, why do we, as human beings, think that we can change the truth by believing a lie?
"Shasta's heart fainted at these words for he felt he had no strength left. And he writhed inside at what seemed the  cruelty and unfairness of the demand. He had not yet learned that if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to do another and harder and better one." The Horse and His Boy
rossanime.deviantart.com

Offline Pepper

• Level 5
  • https://www.instagram.com/faith_dickey/
« Reply #395 on: October 08, 2014, 08:16:46 AM »
#6 looks adorable! And I love the mushroom tree. C:

"You just need to be nice, be on time, and produce good quality work. And you don't need to do all three.

Make good art." ~Neil Gaiman

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #396 on: October 09, 2014, 04:24:27 AM »
Wow, those are great Ross!

I really like the rodinchee designs~ so cute :3 and the little guy sitting under the mushroom with the lantern - love the details you put in!

Offline NikitaRose

• <=====)--o
  • Level 8
« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2014, 02:56:28 PM »
I love the rodinchee! Awesome idea~ very cool >w<

Offline NovaPrincess

• Future authoress and artist. <3
  • Level 5
  • Stay bright and sparkly! <3
« Reply #398 on: October 12, 2014, 11:57:09 PM »
Oooh! Cool art. ^w^ What is that creature? It looks like a cross between a pig and a cow. And OHMYGOSH! That hand in the swamp you drew! So cool! *u* Such pretty detail. And it has a background, too!
"When something goes wrong, just yell 'PLOT TWIST!!' and move on."
    ~unknown

Offline RossAnime

• Level 6
« Reply #399 on: October 13, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »
Thanks Pepper! :D
Thank you Sarah! ;D
Thanks Nikita! :D
Thank you Nova! ;D it is sort of a cross between a cow and a tapir and a goat. XD

And, new stuffs. :D

rossanime.deviantart.com

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #400 on: October 14, 2014, 02:47:14 AM »
Woah... just woah... that guy is EPIC! Btw, love the name ~ is that like the guy from Damocles' sword parable?

Offline hitomi

• Level 5
  • CM'S Shadow Lurker
« Reply #401 on: October 14, 2014, 11:41:14 AM »
wow the awesome sauce is aflow with this! XD so much details just makes it look amazing!
You walk outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. Nowadays you breath and you risk your life. You donít have a choice. The only thing you can choose is what youíre risking it for. ó Hershel Greene from The Walking Dead

Rest in peace.  You won't be forgetten

Offline RossAnime

• Level 6
« Reply #402 on: October 17, 2014, 10:40:53 PM »
Thanks sarah! :D Damocles' sword parable? i don't know. i got the name from a baby name book on my ipod. XD it just seemed to fit, so i went with it. XD

Here are three more characters from the the same story
tried a slightly different style. turned out interesting.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:05:50 PM by RossAnime »
rossanime.deviantart.com

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #403 on: October 17, 2014, 10:47:33 PM »
Neato! Love the inking~ lol Tyler and Taylor - are they brother and sister?

Here is Damocles' Sword parable (from wikipedia);
According to the story, pandering to his king, Dionysius, Damocles exclaimed that, as a great man of power and authority surrounded by magnificence, Dionysius was truly extremely fortunate. Dionysius then offered to switch places with Damocles, so that Damocles could taste that very fortune firsthand. Damocles quickly and eagerly accepted the king's proposal. Damocles sat down in the king's throne surrounded by every luxury, but Dionysius arranged that a huge sword should hang above the throne, held at the pommel only by a single hair of a horse's tail. Damocles finally begged the king that he be allowed to depart because he no longer wanted to be so fortunate, realizing that with great fortune and power come also great peril and anxiety.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damocles

Btw... tell us more about the 'Cowardis and Courage' story! ;D

Offline RossAnime

• Level 6
« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2014, 11:02:19 PM »
thanks! yep, they are twins actually, and- *head desk* =_= i just realized i spelled "cowardice" wrong again... oye gavilda fish... why is that word so hard for me to remember... *goes to fix that*

Thanks for the link.

I'd tell you more about their story if i wasn't keeping it a secret... XD
but i can tell you that it is going to be a parable. not necessarily a "christian" comic(still not sure i understand enough about theology to write something like that) but it will have a message thing to it. :)
rossanime.deviantart.com