Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Ichara1

• Level 6
Help!!
« on: May 01, 2008, 12:47:45 AM »
Okay, all you talented people-I am very new to digital art and lost the link to my favorite tutorial on coloring lineart  :-[
I'm going to bravely attempt to color the drawing of Sonia and the sakura blossoms I submitted to the fan section at Game Plan. However I am currently stuck. I scanned the lineart in, cleaned it up a little, adjusted curves, etc. NOW WHAT??? I can't seem to find a good tutorial out there.
I have Photoshop 7.
Please help!!!

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
C. S. Lewis

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis

I own LadyEm's 1000th post, Manga Star's 5000th(pending), and have dual ownership of Ichigo's 5000th!

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
Re: Help!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 12:53:10 AM »
Turns out I still have an old tutorial around here.  ^^  Hold on a few, I'll upload it.  There are a few things that I would tell you to do differently now, but the principle is largely the same.

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 01:04:46 AM »
Okay, so it turns out I never actually coded the webpage for the tutorial, I wrote it in an rtf file.  :D  The rtf and supporting images are in a zip file; I'll PM you the link.  Anyone else who would like it, let me know, as I'd rather not post this where just anyone can dl it. 

One thing that I do differently now, I don't place the color layer over the ink lines.  Put the color layer underneath and make its layer mode "normal."  Put the ink lines on a layer ABOVE the color and make its mode "multiply."  If you do this, it's not necessary to delete white areas.

Offline Alpha621

• A local ghost
  • Deleted Account
  • Level 9
  • ヽ(.◕ˇω ˇ◕; )ノ
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 04:19:47 PM »

This vid should help. One of my favorite comic book artists, darkspeed, shows how to color in photoshop easily.

Offline Ichara1

• Level 6
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:15:21 PM »
ThankyouThankyouThankyou! :D

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
C. S. Lewis

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis

I own LadyEm's 1000th post, Manga Star's 5000th(pending), and have dual ownership of Ichigo's 5000th!

Offline ivan

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 08:07:20 PM »
This is a link of a "how to color for manga" is very good, will take you from the basics
good luck  ;D

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/8910439/
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 04:05:24 PM by ivan »