Author Topic: Altar Girl Webcomic  (Read 673 times)

Offline QuietGrace

• Level 6
  • Qualified as a ninja before I could walk
Altar Girl Webcomic
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:23:10 PM »
So there's this comic called "Altar Girl", and I was wondering if it was Christian or not. Even though it involves angels/demons/the supernatural, you never can be too sure these days...

This is a summary:    Catholic school-girl Ashley Altars has a major crush on one of the most popular boys in school. She also unwittingly holds one of the two keys to Heaven and Earth. To make matters worse, the owner of the other key is a guy who has been dead since the late 1920s. But not to worry: Seth Charming has been brought to the present day by the twin angels Sera and Cherry so he can use his second chance at life to help Ashley with her unrequited love. Angels and demons are fighting for both of their keys, but Ashley's got to deal with bullies, exams, and trying to get the handsome Adam Evenine to actually notice her. Life is tough for the Altar Girl.

Soooo... yeah. Here's a link too: http://www.altar-girl.com

If anyone's read this and can tell me, I'd greatly appreciate it  :D
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Offline Janchan

• Manga Artist/Author - Current project: Under the Sun
  • Level 3
    • My art store!
Re: Altar Girl Webcomic
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:03:39 PM »
I've been reading it so far and it seems pretty christian Cx
I feel like the name initially throws the audience off because it sounds somewhat "mocking" but really, the artist is doing a great job, I hope her kickstarter works out!

Offline QuietGrace

• Level 6
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:26:57 PM »
Thanks, Jan! The title was partially what threw me off XD
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Offline Janchan

• Manga Artist/Author - Current project: Under the Sun
  • Level 3
    • My art store!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 10:44:44 PM »
Anytime Grace-chan! I love screening and reviewing movies/books/comics/etc for family and sometimes friends, but alot of the times I am not always happy with what I find X___X; *huff*!!
The only thing I'd be on the lookout for in Altar Girl is the fact that it seems like your average shoujo tale except the stereotypical characters are given names that come from the bible, with a twist... I can't really put my finger on it though, It feels a bit like a parody? maybe I haven't read it too long, so I could be completely wrong lol! I hope I am x)

All in all the story seems pretty solid~

Offline NovaPrincess

• Future authoress and artist. <3
  • Level 5
  • Stay bright and sparkly! <3
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 06:22:16 PM »
I followed the link and started reading. It looks pretty good! :D
"When something goes wrong, just yell 'PLOT TWIST!!' and move on."
    ~unknown

Offline QuietGrace

• Level 6
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 07:32:44 PM »
Yeah, so far, it seems like a pretty sweet story  :)