Author Topic: CM's Recommended Reading  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Micah Seven Eighteen

• http://apologiaradio.com/
  • Level 7
  • Married to Song for God.
    • www.ChristDied.com
Re: CM's Recommended Reading
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 12:27:07 PM »
Just my two cents, but it might be more appropriate to keep the Recommended Reading to art/how-to books only - if CM recommends theology books, then chances are it is crossing that line of being non-denominational (as taken from the front page):
We do not support strong denominational lines dividing the body of Christ and respect the viewpoints of other denominations. Even though we may not agree on everything, we try to get along as best we can.

Not saying we should discuss those books or their content - far from it, that's healthy - but the recommended reading list probably isn't the place to have that discussion.
Y'know, I thought about that too, but saw that theology books were recommended and it was okay so I suggested some myself.

I think I understand the concern, because it's CM's recommended reading, right? Not just any of us as individuals who hold these views and promoting them, but CM promoting any of them, am I understanding you properly?
A writer takes pen in hand,
pressing it to the page.

Imprinting words
onto the page,

He places vivid ideas into the book.

Spoken from the book,
handed down from the writer...

Now the story can be told...

Micah Seven Eighteen presents

The "Savior Story"

Savior Story

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 03:21:58 PM »
Yeah, that's right ^-^

Offline D-Kitsune

• Aspiring author and ancient Japanese goddess of Corn Syrup.
  • Level 6
  • ...also The Ninja Artist's big sister.
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »
So, we can recommend any type of books, as long as they fall under CM rules, right?

Okay then! (Hee-hee-hee!) I hereby recommend Dragons in Our Midst by Christian author Bryan Davis.
An allegorical fantasy tale taking place in modern day that dips its toes into Arthurian Legend and Christian/Jewish mythology. It contains magic use, but only on the villain's side. It's cool, inspiring, and even funny at times!

(Oh, it also features dragons--not all dragons, but some--as good guys; in case that bothers anyone.)
"There is only one truth!" ~Kudo Shinichi (Detective Conan)

"I am the way, the truth, and the life...
...and the truth shall make you free." ~Jesus (John 14:6 & 8:32)

My dA: http://donnadarling1412.deviantart.com
(Foreign Grid's 1000th post is MINE!!! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!)

Offline Micah Seven Eighteen

• http://apologiaradio.com/
  • Level 7
  • Married to Song for God.
    • www.ChristDied.com
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 11:02:25 PM »
Yeah, that's right ^-^
When I shared my books, I kinda figured people would share books with opposing views as well. It would seem like this thread would be a place where the individuals that make up CM (CM really isn't anything in and of itself, after all) could share books of any kind. I can't say CM having a thread like that would mean it was somehow taking sides and causing division in the body. If anything, it seems like it'd be respecting that we have different views and allowing us to share those with each other, anyone willing to give them a look, y'know?

I wonder if that statement was made due to concern for division, but I don't believe this has to be divisive. Ultimately, though, I guess it's up to them one way or the other. I don't think it of necessity violates their statement. Regardless, I can understand the concern, and we'll see what they decide to do with it.

If we end up not being able to post here, anyone could really just make their own threads recommending books anyway, right?
A writer takes pen in hand,
pressing it to the page.

Imprinting words
onto the page,

He places vivid ideas into the book.

Spoken from the book,
handed down from the writer...

Now the story can be told...

Micah Seven Eighteen presents

The "Savior Story"

Savior Story