Author Topic: Manga Gallery closing  (Read 1850 times)

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
Re: Manga Gallery closing
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 09:23:42 PM »
Please do! I want to know what happens with Gailyn T^T

(edit - another 10 notified. 4 to go!)

Offline artisticDreamer

• クロムのベターハーフ
  • Level 6
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 09:34:01 PM »
Does anyone know if Splinter put his comics elsewhere?

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 10:04:05 PM »
I'll ask him~ get back to you soon.

EDIT: Splint says he'll message you soon about it

EDIT2: All done! I just notified the artists though - if you know people who don't have a manga up but would still be interested please let them know!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:28:06 PM by sarah_yt »

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 11:22:41 PM »
Just a thought - maybe we could re-create the Christian Manga group on DA

(the original is here, but it hasn't been updated in ages and two of the three mods had their accounts deactivated  http://christian-manga.deviantart.com/)

Then we could have sub-folders created, but perhaps with more rules than the current CM manga gallery (like at least 10 pages done? Like what we had years ago?)

I'm happy to set it up and be one of the mods, if others are interested - it would be good if there could be one or two others who are active contributors as well because of busy-ness.

Offline artisticDreamer

• クロムのベターハーフ
  • Level 6
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 11:37:40 PM »
Just a thought - maybe we could re-create the Christian Manga group on DA

(the original is here, but it hasn't been updated in ages and two of the three mods had their accounts deactivated  http://christian-manga.deviantart.com/)

Then we could have sub-folders created, but perhaps with more rules than the current CM manga gallery (like at least 10 pages done? Like what we had years ago?)

I'm happy to set it up and be one of the mods, if others are interested - it would be good if there could be one or two others who are active contributors as well because of busy-ness.

That would be really cool to have, I think! And the 10 page rule is a good idea; it's hard to tell if you're gonna want to continue to draw a comic with only a page or something.

Offline Sparkle Foxie

• Mangaka and missionary
  • Level 5
    • Advocate Voice
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 01:22:21 AM »
I'd be happy to help you in any way I can, Sarah :)
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »
Thanks guys!

I've created the new group here. It's bare-bones at the moment, but I'll try to decorate it a bit when I get a bit of time tonight.

http://christianmanga.deviantart.com/

I've uploaded Today, Dinah there already and invited some people already on DA to submit their works (Gabby, Ink, Cal and Foxie). If you have an account and have uploaded your comics/manga, send me a note and I'll add you as a contributor.

I plan, God willing, to eventually put up a list of the projects in the group with their rating and genre, so please keep that in the back of your mind ^_^

Offline FaithWalkers

• FaithWalkers
  • Level 3
  • We walk by faith, not by sight.
    • Our Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 08:40:47 PM »
It's so sad that has happened. At least we have the forums to keep contact. Thank you for letting us all know.

Thanks guys!

I've created the new group here. It's bare-bones at the moment, but I'll try to decorate it a bit when I get a bit of time tonight.

http://christianmanga.deviantart.com/

I've uploaded Today, Dinah there already and invited some people already on DA to submit their works (Gabby, Ink, Cal and Foxie). If you have an account and have uploaded your comics/manga, send me a note and I'll add you as a contributor.

I plan, God willing, to eventually put up a list of the projects in the group with their rating and genre, so please keep that in the back of your mind ^_^

Sounds awesome! Will drop a note! :)
We're a soon to be wedded in holy Matrimony artists working together for God on our ministry, FaithWalkers!
Yennie Fer and AirWin are the current team members.

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 09:47:43 PM »
Nice :D

>.< so I had it that contributors couldn't submit anything... oops... should be fixed now ^_^

Offline KittyMarie

• Writer, Artist, Wife
  • Level 6
  • Married 5/3/14 Titus born 8/17/16
    • HeHasPlans.Com
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 12:15:58 PM »
Ah, sad to see the gallery going, I thought it was such a cool program...

@sarah_yt love the initiative you're taking with this. Was wanting to see a thread or page put up with links to everyone's mangas so the DA group is a great idea. (and now gives me a reason to keep my DA account...)

Not sure if I'll migrate CA over there, being it has been canceled as a manga (one day...far in the future...novels!)
HeHasPlans.com
Books, Comics, Blog

Offline Supersword

• Level 3
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 10:44:51 AM »
Okay, I have a question. It's been a week and the manga gallery is still open. I can access it on my phone and on my laptop. Is it still supposed to be removed or did something happen (giving artists extra time to save their stuff)?

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2016, 11:13:57 AM »
Yeah, I just left it open a bit longer than planned.  It kinda slipped my mind after the last few days.

Offline Jessie-Jess

• Level 2
    • Give me Him
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 11:56:02 PM »
So that's what happened...

Offline uomonii

• Level 6
  • gone
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2016, 02:22:42 AM »
A lot has happened since I left here ;o;

I can't believe the manga section is gone now... all well, it was nice to have for the time we did have it <3