Author Topic: My thanks to CM  (Read 297 times)

Offline Alpha

• An artist who draws too much
  • Level 2
  • I'm baaaaaaaaaack~
My thanks to CM
« on: October 24, 2017, 04:31:01 PM »
I remember back in high school a friend of mine was interested in joining forums, but he wanted to join a Christian forum (since he wasn't to comfortable joining general ones). I looked up one that both me and him can join and I stumbled across a site called Anime Angels (which I'm sure some of you here know). It was pretty nice. A lot of friendly people there that I got close to and it was booming with lots of activities. That friend wasn't interested in the forums like I was, but I decided to stick there because of the fun I was having. Moving forward a few years, a new site called ChristianManga came to be and was posted by one of the mods of the site (long time no see, MelMak ;) ). It was all new, and a lot of my friends from AA joined and, despite it's size, we were pretty active in the beginning. It was also a site dedicated to encouraging Christian artists with their projects and to help each other when it came to their creativity. Seeing as how I'm deep in the artsiness, you can already guess that I forgot about AA and moved to CM.

I made many friends here (some that I still know to this day and am blessed to have in my life), was my platform for sharing art (besides dA), and made many memories there (both good and bad). This was pretty much my digital home here and I spent the majority of my high school days around these parts. It was nice... but I eventually stopped going here. One thing lead to another and I just kinda felt like I didn't fit in anymore. I decided that I would just delete my account and move on from here (and then make a secondary account that I would use for a little while and then leave again due to that wave of not belonging here hitting me... OTL ).

And it's weird. I feel like I didn't fit in CM, yet here I am talking about it and sharing my experience. Why is that? Well, as exaggerated as this sounds, if it wasn't for this place, I wouldn't be where I am right now. It was thanks to CM that I finally got the interest to start taking art more seriously and work harder at it. It was thanks to CM that I decided to start branching out to different platforms (dA, Tumblr, etc.) to share my artwork. It was thanks to CM that I learned a lot of life lessons (including learning a little more about myself). It was thanks to CM that I met more and more people in my life (from the people of my Facebook page/account to the followers of my Tumblr and Twitter to some YouTubers of YouTube to many folks of other places). It's really crazy saying all that and just thinking about it all. It was thanks to a small Christian forum that I started being who I am today. I can't imagine where I'd be if it wasn't for every one here.

So with that, I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you to all the people (whether you were good or, well, not good) who I have met in ChristianManga for making me who I am, for introducing me to some really amazing people, for teaching me so much, and for giving me such wonderful memories. However, one person deserves this thanks most of all (the person who made that awesome site). So, with these lasts few words, I say...

I take my leave here. Good luck and God bless to every one here for their futures.

P.S.: I know Melody's game isn't technically a CM project, but she (along with Game Plan and Heaven Bound) was one of the projects I was more familiar with and have a soft spot for.

P.S.S.: I was originally gonna do a speed painting video of this, but I kinda screwed up and I can't do it anymore. What happens happens :dontunderstandplz: .

P.S.S.S: It's been 10-12 years, so if I didn't draw any of them to be accurate, well, now you know why... :onionxdplz:

:baibaiplz:

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
  • The melody fades... in! :D
    • The BASIC FAQs
Re: My thanks to CM
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »
That's beautiful, Alpha. ^___^  I'm sure that Ink and Cal will agree. :D

Take care, and the Lord bless you too. :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 05:24:42 PM by The Melody Maker »
-- Russell (aka "MelMak")
"[Sing] and [make] melody with your heart to the Lord." --Ephesians 5:19b

Current projects:
The Traveller's Guide (complete)
Private Property (in progress)
Special Delivery (on hiatus)

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 10:31:29 PM »
Alpha? As in Alpha621? Dude, haven't seen you in, like, forever. Thanks for dropping in.
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16

Offline Diamond Fusion

• The Inkbound
  • Level 1
  • By Your light I am guided...
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 10:16:24 AM »
ALPHA! HI! I've seen you around Tumblr a few times, but I haven't really talked to you lately! I'm so glad you dropped in, and your picture is beautiful! <3

Offline calbhach

• Level 8
  • Commission Artist and Tutorial Maker
    • DA
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 02:55:17 PM »
Aww, very nice, thank you, Alpha! :3

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 09:06:24 AM »
*hug*  Thanks so much.  :3  You're so sweet, Alpha.

Offline Alpha

• An artist who draws too much
  • Level 2
  • I'm baaaaaaaaaack~
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 11:51:11 AM »
Alpha? As in Alpha621? Dude, haven't seen you in, like, forever. Thanks for dropping in.
Yep, the one and only! And yes, it's been a long time.

ALPHA! HI! I've seen you around Tumblr a few times, but I haven't really talked to you lately! I'm so glad you dropped in, and your picture is beautiful! <3
I haven't been as active as I'd like to be, but I'm trying to use my Tumblr more. Thank you very much, btw .u. !

That's beautiful, Alpha. ^___^  I'm sure that Ink and Cal will agree. :D

Take care, and the Lord bless you too. :)
Aww, very nice, thank you, Alpha! :3
*hug*  Thanks so much.  :3  You're so sweet, Alpha.

*hugs Inkhana back* I'm very glad you 3 love it, but it's no biggie! I just thought I'd give back to this website since it did a lot for me and I just wanted to remind the head hancho herself that, despite this website not doing what it originally intended to do, wasn't a waste of time.