Author Topic: Comet's Sketches  (Read 421 times)

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
  • Delta Aquariids on July 27-30
Comet's Sketches
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:36:59 PM »
So I did what you peeps do and started an art thread... To see how I improve in the coming months, etc., etc.

First one is a rough draft/concept art from a comic I'm working on. I'll probably have to digitize, clean, and color at some point, but for now I'll doodle on paper.

:critiqueplz:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:46:47 AM by cometarrows »
I Timothy 4:16 says, "Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."

Online The ninja artist

• Aspiring cartoonist and fully trained Ninja Master
  • Level 7
  • ...also D-Kitsune's little brother.
Re: Comet's Art
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
you're art style is adorable. ^-^

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »
you're art style is adorable. ^-^

Awwww, thanks :blushplz:

This isn't my normal style, but I'm trying it out.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:47:59 AM by cometarrows »
I Timothy 4:16 says, "Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
  • The melody fades... in! :D
    • The BASIC FAQs
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 11:21:08 PM »
For being a sketch, she's still very cute, Comet. ^_^
-- Russell (aka "MelMak")
"[Sing] and [make] melody with your heart to the Lord." --Ephesians 5:19b

Current projects:
The Traveller's Guide (complete)
Private Property (in progress)
Special Delivery (on hiatus)

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 11:50:29 PM »
For being a sketch, she's still very cute, Comet. ^_^

Thanks, MelMak!

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 06:17:36 AM »

Chibi Annie 01 - "Thinking"

Online The ninja artist

• Level 7
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 12:22:25 PM »
That's cute!

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 10:42:30 AM »

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 10:45:44 AM »
Sucking it up and posting something that seems off to me.

The woman's face and shoulders were drawn ages ago. I sketched her body today. The man is new. I don't like his upper body. Doesn't it make him look kinda short? Or is it his legs that give that impression? (Probably shouldn't have drawn him at the bottom of the page.)

Hands and feet are hard. I gave up drawing the woman's other hand. Her weird nose was done on purpose. (I wanted to draw someone with a large, ugly-looking nose.)

:critiqueplz:

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:50:00 AM by cometarrows »

Online cherryblossom

• Imagination is MORE important than knowledge. knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world.
  • Level 6
  • anime is my middle name,you say anime, i'm there
Re: Comet's Sketches
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 12:12:43 PM »
NOICE! Only tip is maybe to put mor details in, like shading and other stuff, but that's just a preference.

Online The ninja artist

• Level 7
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 04:04:34 PM »
Awesome. I like your art style. :)

The things I think need the most work  are the things that are hardest to draw: the hands and the feet.

Also, this is easy to fix, but one of the legs under the chair looks waaay longer than the other 2.

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 02:45:34 AM »
Awesome. I like your art style. :)

The things I think need the most work  are the things that are hardest to draw: the hands and the feet.

Also, this is easy to fix, but one of the legs under the chair looks waaay longer than the other 2.

Thanks, Sensei~

I'll work on the hands and feet. When they're all I draw, they look decent, but when I attach them to a body, they start to look off.

I struggle with my style not matching when I combine them. Like the face would look anime-like, and the hands wouldn't, and they look ultra-weird as a result.  :gloomplz:

Thanks for catching the chair leg extension! I hadn't noticed that.

NOICE! Only tip is maybe to put mor details in, like shading and other stuff, but that's just a preference.

Alright. I'll try adding more details next time. I'll try to come up with something for them to wear. (I usually draw a blank if it's not a normal shirt or plain dress.)

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 01:18:05 PM »
Three Reasons Why I Haven't Been Uploading Art (for those who care to know):
1. I've been busy.
2. I've been lazy.
3. My tablet broke, and the one I'm using now has a hardware problem that randomly acts up.

I'll try to post something soon though. It's probably long overdue; sorry, StanLi.

Online The ninja artist

• Level 7
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 03:11:06 PM »
O_O Your tablet broke?? I'd die if that happened to me!

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »
O_O Your tablet broke?? I'd die if that happened to me!

Yeaaahh.....  :gloomplz: