Author Topic: CM Closing (POSTPONED)  (Read 3249 times)

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
CM Closing (POSTPONED)
« on: October 10, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »
Hi everyone:

After a couple of years of prayer and thought about it, I've come to the conclusion that it is time to shut CM down, remove the forums and move on.  I have a number of reasons for this, some spiritual, some emotional and some financial, but at the end of the day, it's no longer doing what I originally intended it to do.  Please understand that this was not a decision I arrived at lightly.  I don't know if it will come back at some time in the future in a different form, but I have some tentative plans for the leftover site pieces to be executed at a later date. 

You have until November 1 to find the other CM members on other websites so you can stay in contact.  This notice does not affect the CM Deviantart group.

Thanks everyone for the last few years. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 12:50:44 AM by inkhana »

Offline Lizzie Grace the Geek

• Draws, plays games, and lives for God
  • Level 4
  • Are you okay, Annie?
Re: CM Closing Nov 1
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:47:13 AM »
 :huhplz:

:awkwardplz:

:runcryplz: *runs to seek contact with other CM members in places other than... CM...*
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:53:14 AM by Lizzie Grace the Geek »
*PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING IF YOU'D LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH AND\OR CONTINUE TO SEE MY WORK:*
For more of my art, check out my Instagram: lizzie_grace_the_geek
Care to chat on Snapchat?: lizziegthegeek
Uh... I save a lot of stuff on Pinterest: Lizzie G. the Geek

Hope to see ya! 🙋

Online cherryblossom

• artist, we were made to bring color to this monotone world
  • Level 7
  • anime is my middle name,you say anime, i'm there
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:20:03 AM »
Noooo!
Well,  I'm going to make a new forum guess so don't tress!
And ink, if at all possible could I take over this one, instead of having to rebuild my own?

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »
And ink, if at all possible could I take over this one, instead of having to rebuild my own?

You probably would rather start your own and build it up the way you want.  Also, I have other plans for the webhosting, and you probably wouldn't want to take over the bill for it anyway. 

Offline SuperStarlite

• Level 4
  • Hello!
    • My DeviantArt...
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 10:38:09 AM »
...huh. Well, I trust your decisions. It was nice to be here while I could.
Awaiting rapture be like

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that, but... I want you to know this time hasn't been wasted. Through your work, you inspired a group of budding artists, people like Red and myself. We've grown. We've changed. We're not the same as we used to be (and thank God). You even provided an avenue for what became real-life friendships for some of us. So whatever your feelings about CM, just know that it hasn't been wasted.

And to think I've gone from writing things like The Messenger to contemplating actual mission work outside the country -- funny to think about. Maybe The Messenger will be that thing I write when I'm old and gray, and by then, it won't have nuthin' to do with faux-Illuminati conspiracies.

I want to keep up with you, Ink. I want to keep up with you, and also some others, so keep an eye out for the rest of my contact info.

One more thing...
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16

Online cherryblossom

• Level 7
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 11:52:27 AM »
okay thanks any way ink

Offline hitomi

• Level 5
  • CM'S Shadow Lurker
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 11:52:53 AM »
Awww! This is unfortunate. But I understand when it's time to move on it's time. CM was and still is a good site! I've liked most of the members I've came cross. They were kind and sweet. Thought, it's sad it's closing I wish you all and Ink the best of luck!

Also for you kidos to keep up and stay together. I have  Discord group! And I could make a Skype group too if anyone is interested in Skype than Discord.  Discord in my opinion is better than Skype and it's more forum based with many text chats and voice chats. It has video and screen sharing too. - shrugs- anyways here's my Discord group. Anyone is welcome to join!  https://discord.gg/mtuNHNT

If we want a Skype group. PM me and I will create one and send a link if I get enough people interested!
You walk outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. Nowadays you breath and you risk your life. You donít have a choice. The only thing you can choose is what youíre risking it for. ó Hershel Greene from The Walking Dead

Rest in peace.  You won't be forgetten

Offline The ninja artist

• Aspiring cartoonist and fully trained Ninja Master
  • Level 7
  • ...also D-Kitsune's little brother.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 11:55:38 AM »
Oh my goodness... I wasn't expecting this. I don't know what to say.

I just want put out that I understand. I can't be easy running this place, and I know you've been under a lot of stress lately.

But this news also makes me kinda sad. I remember when I first came here to CM. I've changed a lot since then. I can't believe how much I've grown, in maturity, spirituality, and art. And it's all thanks to you guys! If it weren't for this forum, I never would have met any of you. This website has done a lot for me, so I'll always be grateful for it. Thank you all so much for being such amazing people, and for creating such an amazing place. I'll never forget it.

Sorry for the sappiness. I just have a lot of emotion for this forum.  :finallyplz:

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

YOUTUBE! DEVIANT ART! GO!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIFL8IzPy-NYmCvrCmDmuIQ
https://theninjaartist16.deviantart.com/

Online cherryblossom

• Level 7
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »
yeah, even though I am sad that this place is going under, I still do understand, it must be very hard to keep up this forum, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much! Every one here, you are all like my family, and I love each and every one of you, you all helped me get through bad and good times, bless each and every one of you!
thank you INK, I will never forget you or the friends you have given to me through this forum.

Offline OceanWave

• Voldemort handed me a gun
  • Level 5
  • Here to mars
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 01:59:53 PM »
This honestly makes me sad lol I really understand the reasoning behind it.
I don't feel like I'm very close contact with anyone here.
But if anyone wants to keep in touch, shoot me a pm I guess, discord sounds neat
"What have I to show except, the promises I never kept" - artist in the ambulance by Thrice.

Offline HopefulHotaru

• Level 8
  • Aminating the aminals all day long =w=
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 02:38:17 PM »
*creeps from the shadows*
Long time no talk haha
Thanks to whoever anon'd me on tumblr to let me know about this
I completely understand the reasoning behind this and support your decision Ink. Its still kinda sad to see it go though, even if I haven't been active in the last year or so. This forum really pushed me to post my art more, to grow as an artist and a storyteller. I've met some of my closest friends here and had plenty of memories, good and bad haha - but mostly good. Thank you so  much for giving me that opportunity!
If anyone wants to stay in touch with me just let me know! I already am facebook friends with a ton of you (and I've even sent letters and packages!)

Offline redfur-akamaru

• CM Senpai and Comic creator
  • Level 9
  • callieeileen.tumblr.com
    • Art Blog - Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 02:48:45 PM »
Thank you for the time invested in this decision.

I must ask. Is there any way I can support you to make it possible to keep CM up? If it's a matter of anything I can do, including the messy work of adopting the site or assisting with financial support, please send me a message.

I've spent half my life here and CM means so much and I want others to have the same opportunities and support I received.

Offline KazeHaru_Hime

• Fiction writer/crazy author, artist and wild imaginationatist.
  • Level 7
  • Noses. Noses everywhere.
    • Cat'z Cattery and More
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
*creeps out of the shadows too* Wow. So this joint's finally shutting down, huh? I know I don't come on here anymore often but I want to say thank you for everything you've done, Ink. Through the good, through the bad, you ran this site and you did it pretty dern well. I'm glad for the time you did run the site because it enabled me to meet many friends, real ones who I've actually met. Thank you for the time you put into this site and I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Though I may not have anything to contribute to the site I have to echo Red's sentiments... If upkeep was ever possible, it sure would be nice to still have this place around so other people can connect and inspire each other like me and my friends did in the olden days. But whatever you choose I respect your decision, Ink. God bless you and your family.

(23:24:04) Nitro3.0: Michael: Unarmed? You have a brain don't you? That's a highly deadly weapon.
"I hear much, yet I don't say much. I Understand much, yet know too little. My choices are careful, yet I can't count on myself. I need you, oh Lord, to guide me in all my ways, and to strengthen and encourage me, through all my days." --Nitronius III (a.k.a. Nitro3.0 XD)
(03:44:20) Ciela: (Adults? Yes. Mature? PFFFFFTno.)

Offline swordofpower

• I am who the great I AM says, I am.
  • Level 3
  • Striving to be a hero of the lord.
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 03:25:16 PM »
Thank you Ink for the all the work you've put into CM, I hope that God leads you to abundant blessings because of your obedience. Love you,
~Sword
Creator of Mark Zero, amateur voice actor, martial artist, pianist...yup.