Author Topic: Concerning goofing off and the forum's spiritual state...  (Read 14222 times)

Offline Mooch

• Level 8
  • Count Your Freedoms...
Re: Concern
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2010, 01:35:46 PM »
also, you could hav a unique view that maybe someone else hadn't thought about before, and if you share it u can widen ppl's perspectives because what one verse means to you and for u may not be the same for someone else :)

Yea, that too......thank you Jawz ;D, 'cause it's like that train of thought process that goes through your mind when reading a chapter or verse in the Bible and it's really inspiring to you. ;D
I am a girl, even though you may think otherwise...XD
Posts I've claimed: Foxie's 2200th post  Dragon-chan's 200th post  Sapphira's 6000th post  Jawzie's 1999th post Whisper's 250th post Arwen's 500th, 600th, 700th, 800th and 900th posts
*There are no dumb questions, therefore, they are all of equal stupidity.*
SJunior's line and every person's thought who gets those three words at the end of the show...."HOW DARE YOU TO BE CONTINUED US!!!!" "I must save me from myself, it's the only way!!"

Offline Alpha621

• A local ghost
  • Deleted Account
  • Level 9
  • ヽ(.◕ˇω ˇ◕; )ノ
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2010, 12:07:35 AM »
Hehe, thanks you two :) ! That really helps a lot!

Offline Mooch

• Level 8
  • Count Your Freedoms...
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2010, 02:38:47 PM »
GOODY!!!!XXDD ;D
Posts I've claimed: Foxie's 2200th post  Dragon-chan's 200th post  Sapphira's 6000th post  Jawzie's 1999th post Whisper's 250th post Arwen's 500th, 600th, 700th, 800th and 900th posts
SJunior's line and every person's thought who gets those three words at the end of the show...."HOW DARE YOU TO BE CONTINUED US!!!!" "I must save me from myself, it's the only way!!"

Offline Alpha621

• A local ghost
  • Deleted Account
  • Level 9
  • ヽ(.◕ˇω ˇ◕; )ノ
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
^___^

Offline KathrineROID

• Back from the Dead ~m^>
  • Level 3
    • Scribbling on a Computer
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »
I just thought I should say this.

I joined only after seeing this thread.  I didn't need or want an unfocused, random forum.  I was looking for a very specific thing:  a place where I could better my skills in a Godly environment. Silliness and goofing off are contagious.  They really are.  You see others doing it, you laugh, and you want to get in on it.  That is perfectly natural.  But...

Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the pleasant land.

Thus the little minutes,
Humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages
Of eternity.

~Julia Carney

I want the 'little minutes' I spend on this forum to be focused, so that I don't accidentally spend an 'eternity' goofing off.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:53:11 AM by KathrineROID »
Lessee... no clue what I should put here... and I usually get a lot out of siggies.  Um, my creative writing blog.  Self promotional but socially acceptable.  http://kathrineroid.wordpress.com

Let's throw in a mouse for good measure. ~m^>

Click for their respective mangas!  Why are all my favorite characters the cool guys? O.O

I am Mousie.  I like cheese.  I have a sentient flying dagger.  I am the captive of Cat-Dragon.

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2011, 03:53:24 AM »
Hi Kath,

Thanks for that post - it's thought provoking about how to spend our time... I've been wondering the same about time spent off the computer, about how even if a little time is spent (or not spent) drawing on a manga that it can mean that years down the track the project is either finished or not finished... that said, we shouldn't run ourselves in to the ground either (I have a full time job so need time to relax but not to waste...)

long winded way to say thank you :D

Offline Philadelphia

• aka Aubrey Hansen
  • Level 3
  • Keep calm and have a cupcake!
    • My site!
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »
I haven't read all of the posts on this thread, but I just want to ask for a little bit of clarification...

Like many others, my primary purpose for coming here is to learn and grow in the area of art and manga in a God-honoring environment.  I'm not necessarily here to do much by the way of theological discussion or Bible study, but I expect that when I and others post, our Christian worldview is affecting the way we view even the most rudimentary elements of art and writing.

Can I assume that, when I am exchanging critique on art, sharing tutorials and suggestions on craft, or even just telling someone that I like their manga - posts like that fit with the goal of the site?
God Bless,
Aubrey Hansen

I'm a writer.  I don't really draw, but my friends make me do it on occasion anyway.  I post my stuff here, if you're interested.

Even though I can't draw, I am pretty good at inking!  Drop me a line if you're in need of someone to do the tedious work of inking.

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2011, 09:44:06 AM »
Can I assume that, when I am exchanging critique on art, sharing tutorials and suggestions on craft, or even just telling someone that I like their manga - posts like that fit with the goal of the site?

Yes, that's it.  :)  That's exactly the kind of posts we need.

Offline Philadelphia

• aka Aubrey Hansen
  • Level 3
  • Keep calm and have a cupcake!
    • My site!
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »
Thank you very much, Ink!
God Bless,
Aubrey Hansen

I'm a writer.  I don't really draw, but my friends make me do it on occasion anyway.  I post my stuff here, if you're interested.

Even though I can't draw, I am pretty good at inking!  Drop me a line if you're in need of someone to do the tedious work of inking.

Offline Mooch

• Level 8
  • Count Your Freedoms...
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »
@ KathrineROID and sarah_yt: I just wanted to say............I'm so glad I read those two posts you guys put here, my brother and I have been working with the max of holding up around the household, 'cause my Mom is a bit down, and not able to do this stuff for right now. So the question, "how am I going to finish my manga if my time is consume with this other thing, even though I love helping the family, I want to be able to do God's work and there is so little time right now..." Well Kath is right about those little moments of time, I'm glad I got to see that and it seems helping my family has only lead me to a more open view of doing things for God. So I'll cherish every moment I spend knowing in everything I do, I am still doing God's Will.

Yes, that's it.  :)  That's exactly the kind of posts we need.

I second that and will totally be doing more posts concerning those things. ;D :)

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
  • The melody fades... in! :D
    • The BASIC FAQs
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »
I've just split off the latest posts irrelevant to this thread and re-locking it since it's served its purpose. :)
-- Russell (aka "MelMak")
"[Sing] and [make] melody with your heart to the Lord." --Ephesians 5:19b

Current projects:
The Traveller's Guide (complete)
Private Property (in progress)
Special Delivery (on hiatus)