Author Topic: CM Closing (POSTPONED)  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Diamond Fusion

• The Inkbound
  • Level 1
  • By Your light I am guided...
Re: CM Closing Nov 1
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2017, 05:15:07 PM »
Reading about all your stories is both touching and humbling guys! <3

While I don't have any story as amazing as Wolfie's or any of the others, I also agree that CM has been FAR from a waste in my life.

Sure, over half of the time I have spent here had been with goofing off and being silly (I was a real immature, 13 year old ditz when I first joined), and yeah, there may have been a lack of artistic support and help, but what really matters to me is that I was around wholesome people with similar interests as I had. All of my closest friends I met on CM. And without CM, I'm sure I would never have started writing even! Sure, I was drawing before, but I never really considered actually telling stories until I came here. My story-in-progress would never have came to be without me finding CM, and reading Ink's manga Game Plan.

Honestly, If I had never found CM, my exploration of the internet would probably have gone into a darker direction.

Offline lostinnarnia

• Turtle Approved
  • Level 5
  • A live dog is more useful than a dead lion.
    • Turtle Approved Art
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2017, 08:52:43 PM »
Although I haven't been active the last few years, I would like to thank Ink, and all the friends I made here for all of the time I spent goofing off on here back in college. I made several friends here(some that I still keep tabs with) and that means a lot to me. It makes me sad to see the site being shut down, but I can understand why it's being done.

Thanks again for everything.
Check out my Deviant art, It would mean a lot if you did.

http://turtleapproved.deviantart.com/

Or if you are feeling nice, Check out my etsy shop. There Is not much there yet, but Im working on it.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurtleApproved

OOOOOOORRRRR just like my page on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Turtle-Approved-Art/74537835339?fref=ts

Offline Cyberkyd

• EVA Pilot
  • Level 5
  • Deliverance from evil. Virtus est in sola fide.
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2017, 07:10:59 PM »
Thanks to Splinter for giving me the heads up on CM's closure. Ink, thank you for keeping this place going as long as you did. It would be a bit silly to say I'll miss the forums when I haven't been active for years at this point, but...

CM has been a part of my growing up, for better and for worse. Five years is a long time. Venting to you guys and hearing your concerned responses are what led me to realize how messed up my family is. Getting (deserved) mod backlash for political posting illuminated that we aren't all the same in Christiandom, and that was an important lesson.

I remember a good few of you fondly. If you're reading this, thank you so much for being one of the small points of warm light in an otherwise cold, dark, meaningless life. Ink, Splinter, Kitty, Cal, Foxie, Hotaru, MelMak, Kaze, Gabby, Wolfie, Sarah, Redfur. You may not even remember me much, but that's okay. I remember you, and I've prayed for all of you at some point. Thank you for being a part of my life, and for putting up with me at my worst.

Splinter and Micah are the only guys I even semi regularly keep up with, and that makes me sad. Feel free to email me at itaylorclogston@gmail.com, or to friend request me on Facebook as Taylor Clogston. If a CM Discord is being set up, I'd love to join in.

Unless I post again in response, this will be my final contribution to christianmanga.com. What a milestone. I guess I'll go out like I came in.

I'm Taylor, the crazy factory worker Evangelion fan! I've been really blessed to have met so many other believers who love manga ^_^ Sayonara, everyone!

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2017, 09:01:57 PM »
Cyber -- When I saw you were on, I was excited to see what you'd write. You're a well-read, talented dude, and I always enjoyed your input. (Strangely, I don't remember your political posting. I do remember skirting the edge myself, and I continue to skirt the edge in real life -- not in the sense of arguing, but in the sense of just not believing much anymore. I don't believe in this thing called democracy. I don't believe in this crass Leviathan mega-state. I believe in Jesus, and that's about it.)

Know that I intend to keep up with you. I don't want to lose track of CM's best writer.

EDIT: And Cyber -- "Mankind's greatest fear is Mankind itself."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:42:39 PM by Theomedes »
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16

Offline cometarrows

• Level 3
  • Delta Aquariids on July 27-30
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »
AWWW... Thanks for all your hard work on this site, Ink! I really enjoyed being on CM the short time I was here. Hope to see you wonderful people on other places on the Net. :D God bless you all!!!
I Timothy 4:16 says, "Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."

Offline Gabby

• Level 10
  • "I can do all things through Christ..."
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2017, 11:43:27 AM »
I remember you Cyberkyd! : D

Offline simplelovemelody07

• Level 4
  • Call me Silo~ ouo
    • Silo's Tumblr
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2017, 12:04:47 PM »
Hey, Silo here.  :sayhiplz:

I won't really write that much because others have written a lot about the positive ways CM has changed their life. I will write this though: For once, I finally felt at home with others who enjoy anime and manga, because they also loved Christ. Also, in the most painful time of my life (literally painful -- two surgeries gone wrong), you guys prayed for me and befriended me. Some of you drew things for me and allowed me to color your OCs, which I really enjoy. Thank you!  :blushplz:

Probably the best thing though is that due to all of the health problems, I was not doing well in my first grad program and I was facing being kicked out and unable to return for seven years. Naturally, I was devastated! But through a CMer (Red, of course!) and some other miracles, I was given a second opportunity at probably the best school I have ever attended in my life, with under a degree program that I never knew I always wanted. And I graduate soon (next semester, or the one after that)!  :secretplz:

So thank you everyone responsible for CM and. Really, thank you!

I know there's the other forum being made, but if you guys want to talk outside of that, I'm also on Discord and LINE, as well as other places. Please PM me if you want to share contact information.  :chocoloveplz:
Hebrews 3:13: But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.

Offline Cyberkyd

• EVA Pilot
  • Level 5
  • Deliverance from evil. Virtus est in sola fide.
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2017, 05:48:33 PM »
EDIT: And Cyber -- "Mankind's greatest fear is Mankind itself."

Even more so now than when I was an edgy seventeen-year-old does that seem apt :-\ I'm glad we've kept in touch, even as sporadic and one sided on your end as it's been. Here's to hoping I can be more responsible with it in the future.

I remember you Cyberkyd! : D

That makes me happy, Gabby :-} Nice to see you again.

Offline N92

• Level 5
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2017, 06:46:15 PM »
Phoenix here.

Yeah. Long time no visit. Too long. I stopped doing forums way back when.

Wolfie and Splinter delivered the news to me. Sometimes it seems like all good things come to an end. But in the end, this place belongs to Ink.

I remember when I joined. It was June 2010 and I'd just finished reading Game Plan. I loved what I read and I just had to meet the people behind that story. I ended up meeting some fine folks here, one of which ended up becoming my best friend. And then life happened.

Since then, I've stayed in touch with some of these people. Lots of life has happened over the years and things back then are like a dream in a parallel universe. Sometimes they don't seem real.

Anyway, I hope to keep in touch with people. A lotta people nowadays are keeping up on Discord and Slack. I use Discord for personal communication and Slack for business. PM me if you wanna keep in touch on Discord.

It's been great, everyone. Here's to fresh new beginnings.

Cheers,
-The Phoenix

Online redfur-akamaru

• CM Senpai and Comic creator
  • Level 9
  • callieeileen.tumblr.com
    • Art Blog - Tumblr
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2017, 07:27:12 PM »
;w; hearing everyone's stories is so great. Truly God is good and works in amazing ways.  (Also, of course, I remember you Cyber!)

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2017, 07:33:54 PM »
Phoenix -- Glad you dropped in. I'll be on Discord before long. In the meantime, we'll keep up on Steam (and I'll send you my current email, in case you need it).

You know, I've never met any of you people. Maybe we'll change that in the next year or so.

Offline N92

• Level 5
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2017, 11:11:06 PM »
;w; hearing everyone's stories is so great. Truly God is good and works in amazing ways.  (Also, of course, I remember you Cyber!)

Hello person. It's strange to think we met in person briefly. For about two minutes. We're still friends on Steam. Bueno. Awesome. Happy birthday.

Phoenix -- Glad you dropped in. I'll be on Discord before long. In the meantime, we'll keep up on Steam (and I'll send you my current email, in case you need it).

You know, I've never met any of you people. Maybe we'll change that in the next year or so.

Dude, I did NOT recognize you with that name. Then I read your signature thing that's underneath your avatar. Then I recognized my fellow drone slayer.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:19:38 AM by N92 »

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2017, 01:28:47 AM »
Dude, I did NOT recognize you with that name. Then I read your signature thing that's underneath your avatar. Then I recognized my fellow drone slayer.

Offline Diamond Fusion

• The Inkbound
  • Level 1
  • By Your light I am guided...
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2017, 09:35:13 AM »
Oh my goodness, Phoenix! I haven't seen you in years! (It's so strange to say that) I don't know if you remember me, but I used to be DiamondDragon.

Anyways, It's great to hear from you again, and I hope you're doing well!

Offline NikitaRose

• <=====)--o
  • Level 8
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2017, 02:20:03 AM »
College has devoured my life, it's been a little while. I poked in out of curiosity and saw this place was shutting down. It's sad yes, but I understand the decision to do so. All things come to an end sometime, don't they?

I found CM 5 years ago, I haven't been here nearly as long as some of yall, but dang, that's a little less than a 1/4 of my life. It's been a weird ride. I have very happy, good memories of this place and it's people, and some pretty bad ones too. But we're people, that's life, and those are experiences that are inseparable from our existence. And as a whole, looking back on these years, the people I met and times I had, I look upon that time fondly. For a long while, this was home.

The past five years have also been the most difficult, painful times in my life. Growing up with a psychologically abusive father, my parent's divorce, living with my grandmother, struggling with depression, not knowing what kind of a future me or my mother and brother had, just... trying to get over the brokenness our life had become.
Art saved me. Stories saved me.
During all this time, I delved deeper and deeper into art and creating. In the darkness, I could create light and hope and goodness. I could make things that made me happy. And in a way, CM helped encourage me to keep going, the validation in what I was doing made me want to make more, and I wanted to share the things that made me happy. People wanted to see my art and they liked the things I made.

And we're healing, we're getting better. Things are still hard, but life is hard. My younger brother has an incredible job in his degree field, I'm at my dream college pursuing my dream career, and God gives, and I'm happy. I am so happy. I'm bubbling with passion for what I'm doing, I fought to get here and it means so much to stand here now.
CM was a part of my journey, a treasured piece of who I am.

So I dunno, I'm Brittany Hathcoat, add me on facebook if ya want (tell me who you are tho or I'll be scared and not add you ;~; )
I have instagram, discord, ... email? I moved to WA if any yall in the Seattle area wanna get coffee sometime. I always welcome the company of my Christian siblings, it's a breath of fresh air in a very secular college and industry.

God bless all of yall and may He keep you and guide you.