Author Topic: CM Closing (POSTPONED)  (Read 3769 times)

Offline yorokobigirl123

• God's child, Senior CMer, trying to be an artist
  • Level 8
  • I'm Yoro, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D in training.
    • Tumblr Account
Re: CM Closing Nov 1
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2017, 03:44:21 AM »
Phoenix -- Glad you dropped in. I'll be on Discord before long. In the meantime, we'll keep up on Steam (and I'll send you my current email, in case you need it).

You know, I've never met any of you people. Maybe we'll change that in the next year or so.

I'd definitely love to get to know you more dude, as well as others on here i never really talked to much before!
my favorite verses are Psalms 139 and Romans 8:28 deviantart: animeiscool1234.deviantart.com
Tumblr: jessmk93.tumblr.com

Offline uomonii

• Level 6
  • gone
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2017, 01:51:15 PM »
Hey everyone ~

Not sure if all of you remember me / know me, Iím pretty sure you all do, but I left cm awhile back due to certain reasons. Iím know as uomonii, but a long time ago my username was SilverRaven. I just wanted to come back and write some stuff, thanking cm for the difference and important role it played in my life.

Many years ago, I made an account on here. I didnít really use it much until a long time after creating an account, and I began to become more active in the forums as God placed trials in my life for me to learn from. As I was growing up and experiencing new things in my life, my family moved and that was hard for me. I began to think about things which Iíd not thought of before, things about what my purpose was, if I really mattered, and I struggled with making relationships and speaking to people in general.

I came to cm for help and prayer for my problems. There were always people here giving encouragement and helping out, praying and showing verses from the bible which provided hope and answers for me. Along with those personal life struggles I got help with, people on cm helped me with my artwork. They gave encouraging words and we were all be able to watch as I became more experienced as an artist. I probably wouldnít be drawing much today if it werenít for cm.

There was an extremely dark time in my life when I was doubting my own purpose, struggling with the idea of me actually mattering, and why I should even look forward to an eternal paradise God has provided to me through His Son. I didnít see why I would want to go to heaven and praise God for eternity, without ever feeling anything but joy. I didnít want that. I felt that without despair and sadness, you couldnít really experience joy, and joy would be worth nothing without sorrow. Why would I want to just sit around praising God forever?

While in this state, I reached out, again, to cm. Redfur, callie, helped me out a lot in this situation, along with someone else I canít currently remember the username of. They gave me answers and helped me through that, and to this day Iíve never been in as dark of a time as when that happened. They helped me realize doubting and asking ďwhat ifĒ doesnít get you anywhere, since thereís nothing to back this skepticism I had with. Asking the things I was asking and thinking the way I was was illogical, and I learned that in the state I was, I simply wasnít thinking straight. I was able to get out of that state of doubt and questioning, and remember that we all have Godís word, the bible, available to us for answers.

I learned also that heaven and a relationship with God is something outside of our comprehension. The magnitude of joy and love that we will have when we are with God will be unfathomable. Even today I sometimes doubt why I would want to go to heaven, I still donít feel as if itís something I look forward to, but I always look back on that advice I had received through the people who helped me on cm. I canít possibly get even close to imagining what our relationship with out heavenly Father and Savior will be like.

So yeah. Please know, Ink and all you other wonderful people that have kept this forum running for such a long time, that this forum HAS MADE SUCH A DIFFERENCE. I have watched as God worked through you and through this forum to literally save lives. Please know that this forum was in no way a mistake, and that God has used this forum to make an eternal difference on peopleís lives.

And yeah. Thanks for everything ~

Offline yorokobigirl123

• Level 8
    • Tumblr Account
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2017, 03:19:25 AM »
Hey, by the way, if anyone wants to stay in touch by email, my email is jess.m.kelly2012@gmail.com.
my favorite verses are Psalms 139 and Romans 8:28 deviantart: animeiscool1234.deviantart.com

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2017, 03:57:40 AM »
Amazing how we're all putting ourselves out here this month, handing out contact info, revealing things about ourselves we wouldn't normally reveal. I guess 'cause it's personal, and I guess 'cause it won't matter before long anyway. But it's amazing -- it really is. It shows how much we care about each other, and how badly we want to stay in touch.
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16

Offline yorokobigirl123

• Level 8
    • Tumblr Account
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2017, 04:04:38 AM »
yeah definitely XD

Offline glow

• Level 6
    • Grim Dragons
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2017, 07:16:09 PM »
WOW - good thing I noticed this in the last few days here. Yeah, so I ain't been around much lately, but if you remember me, you'll remember me from:

2010/11 Teamwork Challenge organizer (I also made the teamwork challenge badges - cool that people still use them!) :D
2016/17 Making (more like starting) a video game: Grim Dragons (currently out on Steam)

My CM Story: I love Jesus and this community's always been dear to me. It was awesome to find like minded people and make team projects with you guys in the past. CM really helped me through some depressing times in life when I didn't really have like minded Christian friends I could share my artistic side with. So, thanks for all the awesome times CM! :D

My contact info: abardandev@gmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/adrian.bardan

If you remember me and want to get in touch, please do. If you don't remember me and want to get in touch, do that too.

I can totally give you and friends a free copy of my Steam PC game to CM members, cause everyone's awesome here!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:36:07 PM by glow »

^____^
   | |  |   |
 =\  -  = \
     \,,,,/_/)~
http://grimdragons.com
http://punksterinc.com

Offline N92

• Level 5
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2017, 11:02:25 PM »
Oh carp. November 1st is almost here and I forgot about this place again (T_T).

Yeah, everyone write down names and contact information quick. I recognize some people and not others.

Oh my goodness, Phoenix! I haven't seen you in years! (It's so strange to say that) I don't know if you remember me, but I used to be DiamondDragon.

Anyways, It's great to hear from you again, and I hope you're doing well!

Hey Dia! No glomping please. : P

God bless all of yall and may He keep you and guide you.

Definitely not a Seattle local using Yall like that. : P

Offline inkhana

• Administrator
  • Level 9
  • Hello! <3
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2017, 12:49:37 AM »
CM closing is POSTPONED (no new date set).  After this I just can't do this right now.

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
Re: CM Closing (POSTPONED)
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2017, 01:58:55 AM »
Maybe Christmas will be a good time. Or New Year, 1 January 2018. That'll give us more time to connect with each other off-site, and if anyone needs to talk to anyone (about anything), we'll stick around to the end of the year. That's two whole months.

But whenever you're ready, you do what you have to do. My connections are all set, and for now, there's no danger of losing track of anyone.

Offline Lizzie Grace the Geek

• Daddy's Lil' Geek
  • Level 4
  • Hey there, puddin'!
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
Whenever you're ready, you do what you have to do. My connections are all set, and for now, there's no danger of losing track of anyone.
Same here, Ink. :) 
*PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING IF YOU'D LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH AND\OR CONTINUE TO SEE MY WORK:*
For more of my art, check out my Instagram: lizzie_grace_the_geek
Care to chat on Snapchat?: lizziegthegeek
Uh... I save a lot of stuff on Pinterest: Lizzie G. the Geek

Hope to see ya! 🙋

Offline rigningardagur

• Level 4
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2017, 01:56:53 PM »
hey everyone. i wanted to put out my info incase you wanna find me elsewhere after cm is down. ;v;b

https://rigningardagur.tumblr.com/

https://www.instagram.com/rig.ning/

i'm also on discord and check it somewhat regularly. i'm part of kika's group "secret hide away," so you can find me in the members list there currently. my name on discord is rig.ning#2851

at this point i'm not planning on joining the new forum by cherry and red, anime christians, simply because i've found myself become gradually less interested in manga and anime. i'm not really... an avid fan anymore if you know what i mean. ;u;

so yeah. that's where you can find me ~

Offline iHasPianoKeys

• I'm also on YouTube @ ProtectTheAlphaWolf!
  • Level 4
  • La La Land is ruining my dreams again =_=
    • DeviantArt page:
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2017, 04:04:29 PM »
I....frankly have avoided making this post for a very long time. I first joined CM all the way back in June of 2014. I was only fourteen years old at the time, and since then, I have been heavily affected by the things I have learned and found on this site.

And while I know a lot of you probably don't know me, as I tend to disappear for long periods of time, (a habit with online forums I am trying to break '^^) it really shocked and saddened me to see that this site was going down.

CM helped me so much with my struggles with depression when I first started. At the time, I was kind of going through a point in history where I was struggling to figure out who I was, who I wanted to be, and most importantly, who God wanted me to be. I didn't have the greatest self-image, and still struggle with that, but in essence, I really thought of myself as a weirdo back in the day.

Now, I've matured a lot since then, and through life-changing memories, good and bad, I've changed both spiritually and mentally. I don't think of myself as being "too weird" or "too different" for anyone to love, and I truly place a lot of that on my friends and contacts here on CM. Without you guys, I'd probably still be sitting here, wondering why I liked this weird Japanese art form, and hiding the fact that I like it from my family and friends.

I know that may seem a little silly, I do mean it. For a long time, I really thought that I was just too weird to have friends. However, I quickly learned that there were other people out there like me, and while they may not live nearby, there was nothing wrong with having different tastes, talents and artistic styles than everyone else.

I also learned how to use my gifts to shine a light in a world of darkness. Before coming to this site, I had never even thought of using my talents to convey Christian messages outside of a direct depiction of Biblical events. I saw how the people here shared the truth through what they made, and I slowly learned how to put solid, Christian messages into my writing and into my work.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm going to miss you guys. Whether it was for prayer, advice, or just simply for cheering me up when life gets hard, you guys are always there. I never have to feel "weird" or "out of place" on here, which is something to be said in a world that hates our ideas and beliefs.

I just wanted to let you all know that CM has greatly impacted my life, and I really hope I get to stay in contact with all of you in the future.

For those interested, my Discord is ProtectTheAlphaWolf#7852

While I don't check it often, I do have it, so yeah. As far as any other social media accounts, you can find me at ProtectTheAlphaWolf on pretty much everything I have a username for, lol.

But yeah, I guess this is goodbye, soon....I'll really miss you all, and God bless as He directs you through the pathway of life.

(I'm almost crying now, great job. XP XDDD)

Offline power of the pen

• Masaru Murakami
  • Level 4
  • Chibis will rule the world
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2017, 06:13:39 PM »
If anyone wants to keep in contact with me and see more frequent updates on my current projects you can check out my instagram beloved_artist or email me at animeartist586@gmail.com itís really been a journey with all you guys and I pray for you guys that you would keep following God into the good plans he has for you!
For I have known the thoughts that I am thinking towards you -- an affirmation of Jehovah; thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give to you posterity and hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Offline Supersword

• Level 3
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2017, 09:16:01 PM »
Hey everyone,

This is Supersword. I know I haven't been around much lately, but I just went online a few weeks ago and noticed the announcement. I'm so sad that the site is closing, but I completely understand that things change and have to be let go. This is the place where I was able to vent about all my experiences (especially at my Camp internship).

I remember first looking for sites like this and found this one (a place with friendly people and great art). When I read Inkhana's manga (Game Plan), I felt that this was the first time that I knew people were out there who loved manga and loved the Lord with such an amazing passion. This Manga is super special to me and touched my heart in such a personal way. I was so happy to come on here and know that even if people in my family didn't understand the anime/manga craze, people on here did and I could just geek out and have fun. Kind of like a secret club. =)

Like I said, it's sad to see this go, but I understand (I'm about to graduate from college and am going through a big transition). If anyone wants to remain in contact with me, my email is quinnece.walker3@gmail.com. And I hope to keep everyone in my prayers here.

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2017, 10:15:29 AM »
Went through my old PMs today. Printed a few, then deleted everything. Yep, my business here is concluded. Now I'm just sticking around for fun.