Author Topic: The CM End of the Woeld Party  (Read 1310 times)

Offline simplelovemelody07

• Level 4
  • Call me Silo~ ouo
    • Silo's Tumblr
Re: The CM End of the Woeld Party
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 06:19:44 PM »
I think... I will nominate Rig for the calmness award. The gifs and streams really helped me when I was struggling with anxiety, especially being a grad student and all. It meant a lot.  :whistleplz:

And also, Red for the senpai award. I am older, but Red makes such a good senpai figure for various reasons X3
"...oir is leatsa an rìoghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a' glòir, gu sìorraidh. Amen." Mata 6:13

Offline SuperStarlite

• Level 4
  • Hello!
    • My DeviantArt...
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 10:37:23 PM »
THANK U THEOMEDES!!! I CAN FINNALY DO AS MANY TYPOS AD I WANT!!!!! Gosh I think I'm the worst person on here with typos!!!! It's just sad :doomplz:
...d'you wanna be nominated for that?
Awaiting rapture be like

Offline hitomi

• Level 5
  • CM'S Shadow Lurker
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 12:11:26 AM »
I nominate D-Kitsine for the Sweetest Fox Sister!
You walk outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. Nowadays you breath and you risk your life. You don’t have a choice. The only thing you can choose is what you’re risking it for. — Hershel Greene from The Walking Dead

Rest in peace.  You won't be forgetten

Online FreakForGod

• Forge the Melon Lord
  • Level 6
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 01:11:00 AM »
I nominate Red for cutest member.

Offline redfur-akamaru

• CM Senpai and Comic creator
  • Level 9
  • callieeileen.tumblr.com
    • Art Blog - Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 01:17:00 AM »

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 02:33:14 AM »
If I could nominate myself -- I hereby nominate myself for "Meanest" (or at least "Mean as You Can Get Without Being Banned"). That was me for a long time, and I did skirt the edge. Don't go asking how.

So here's my first tribute. Before I start, take a look at this picture. I paid a cool person named Inkhana to draw that, and I'm oh-so-proud to have it in my room. Let me tell you about Inkhana...

Artistically, I've learned more from her than I have from anyone else -- period. As I learned, it wasn't by way of formal instruction, but by way of emulation. Her example made me want to follow, to do things the way she did them. That's how the best teachers are, I think. They don't have to lecture, just inspire you to learn, and once they light the spark, you can pretty much go from there. Eventually, I ventured out past manga, doing my own thing, but all the basic things I know, I learned from her.

She has my undying respect. I would almost consider her royalty.

Anyway... I know you guys remember Game Plan. I'm, like, a real life version of Locke (minus the child abuse/dramatic conversion). Believe it or not, I'm not some manly man like Thor. I'm an awkward bookworm who draws a bit. I have the same books Locke had (with bookmarks!). I gravitate toward things that are dark. I even lash out at God, engage in a little billingsgate (half of my prayers end up being, "God, I hate you; but do you still love me?"). I see a good bit of myself in Locke, and that's one of the things I like about Game Plan.

There's more I want to say, but I'll save it 'til later.
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16

Offline sarah_yt

• Level 8
  • Nazo's Oba-chan
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 04:40:32 AM »
JEDI DANCE PARTY

That... was... beautiful  :awwwplz:

Sounds like a good idea Splinter~

How about Sarah for being such a caring mom friend to the CM community? Starting challenges, responding to prayer requests, encouraging art, sooooooooooooooooo many different things. 10/10 mom friend. Thanks so much.

Aww~ *hugs* thank you. T_T

I've been doing a bit of thinking since seeing this thread... will miss lots of people, but still wanted to give a shout out for these people

Kiri - for being the most patient and consistent reviewer of drafts! I've lost count of how many versions of the Flight script she read for me, and especially the really really bad first cuts.

Drako - for most consistent stream viewer, and also for having the coolest story idea (Arthurian legend + mecha... what's not to love?)

Yoro - most persistent in practicing and learning! Even if you feel you haven't been improving, you have.

Nazo - biggest Bimbi fan! Lol it really should be 'birthday sketcher' for sending me pics of Bimbi every birthday :D Thank you *hugs*

Splint - humblest CMer (you may claim 'meanest CMer' for yourself, but you frequently acknowledged your faults and truly apologised ^_^)

Cal - most open CMer - than you for sharing your struggles and exhorting us to keep growing

Ink - completer of manga! (this is pretty self explanatory... I am in awe at how you have managed to pump out so many high quality pages!)

Red and Forge - the cutest couple award :3

Mura-kun because Brad.

Hota - CMer most likely to argue with her OCs ^_^ Liam, nough said! haha

Niki - most characters and detailed drawings!!

Fire - most missed. T^T

Gaaah there's so many more, like Gabby, CC, Wolfie, Sword, Micah, Song4God... it's been so nice meeting you all and getting to share parts of our lives together. Please stay in touch ^_^

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
  • The melody fades... in! :D
    • The BASIC FAQs
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 08:28:25 AM »
I nominate our Lord Jesus Christ for being gracious enough to allow the forum, through Ink's efforts, to come into being 9 1/2 years ago in the first place. :)

O magnify the Lord with me, ye people of His choice!
Let all to whom He lendeth breath now in His name rejoice!

~ Lelia Morris
-- Russell (aka "MelMak")
"[Sing] and [make] melody with your heart to the Lord." --Ephesians 5:19b

Current projects:
The Traveller's Guide (complete)
Private Property (in progress)
Special Delivery (on hiatus)

Offline Lizzie Grace the Geek

• Daddy's Lil' Geek
  • Level 4
  • Hey there, puddin'!
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
I nominate our Lord Jesus Christ for being gracious enough to allow the forum, through Ink's efforts, to come into being 9 1/2 years ago in the first place. :)

O magnify the Lord with me, ye people of His choice!
Let all to whom He lendeth breath now in His name rejoice!

~ Lelia Morris
9 1\2 years... Wow...
*PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING IF YOU'D LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH AND\OR CONTINUE TO SEE MY WORK:*
For more of my art, check out my Instagram: lizzie_grace_the_geek
Care to chat on Snapchat?: lizziegthegeek
Uh... I save a lot of stuff on Pinterest: Lizzie G. the Geek

Hope to see ya! 🙋

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 11:34:04 AM »
Splint - humblest CMer (you may claim 'meanest CMer' for yourself, but you frequently acknowledged your faults and truly apologised ^_^)
Heck of a thing to be known for, though. It was the same way in college. I was the council member who resigned out of shame for things that he said/did/didn't do. And the sad thing? They appreciated it. Eventually, I want to be known for something else, something that doesn't involve having to blush with embarrassment every five minutes.

But thanks.

Offline Foreign Grid

• An artist becomes a true artist when he realizes he is not creator but creation.
  • Level 6
"If I'm going up to heaven I'm taking you all up with me! *roars*" -FG 2017

Science!

Online FreakForGod

• Forge the Melon Lord
  • Level 6
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
Also I nominate Red and Hota for being the most supportive friends.

And I nominate Toki for being the most annoying friend >^>

Offline HopefulHotaru

• Level 8
  • Aminating the aminals all day long =w=
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 02:09:43 PM »
Also I nominate Red and Hota for being the most supportive friends.

And I nominate Toki for being the most annoying friend >^>

N'aaaaaaaaw >/////<

Also no I nominate you and Nazo as best rivalry haha it was always fun to see you guys at it

Offline redfur-akamaru

• CM Senpai and Comic creator
  • Level 9
  • callieeileen.tumblr.com
    • Art Blog - Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 02:45:54 PM »
Someone should make badges for these. Sprite art people maybe? Generate a form where you can just type new things so it's easy to make a bunch.. hmmmm..

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »
Another tribute sorta thing -- but first, look at this.

Something I traced a long time ago, very first fan-art I ever received. And who was it from? Inkhana. She drew my character Daniel Hawthorpe from The Messenger. Let me tell you about The Messenger...

Long ago, when I was a tenth grader into Left Behind and Metal Gear Solid, I made an eighty-page comic with missionaries, gangsters, Illuminati conspiracies and an eye-patched guy named Reeves (who looked an awful lot like Big Boss). After scrapping the first version, I planned a second version. After scrapping the second version, I planned a third. After scrapping the third, I let it go, and that was the end of The Messenger.

This is the part where I say it was awful, right? Well, it was, but it was more than awful. It was a learning experience. I learned the kinds of creative planning that go into artistic ventures and just how hard it is to make sequential art. CM gave me the opportunity to learn, to share my work, to critique and to be critiqued. Oh, and it gave me fan-art.

There's more still, but again, I'll save it 'til later.