Author Topic: Videogame Discussion  (Read 120648 times)

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
Re: Videogame Discussion
« Reply #2145 on: September 29, 2017, 07:17:01 PM »
So I finally got around to Shadow of Mordor. Even though I dislike open world action games, it's pretty good (and the Nemesis system -- what a great idea!). But...

Dark Souls III nailed the dark fantasy theme in ways that Shadow of Mordor simply doesn't -- the art direction, the level design, the music. It even feels more Tolkien-esque. As long as I think of Shadow of Mordor as "the campy orc-slaying simulator," it's fine, but as part of the Tolkien universe? It's jarring.
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16

Offline artisticDreamer

• The Trashest Bird
  • Level 6
  • Chrom for Smash 2k17
« Reply #2146 on: November 03, 2017, 11:05:18 PM »
I finally finished collecting my defending team for Fire Emblem: Conquest. Now to go back to getting gold statues in Birthright... Also been playing a little Smash Bros. and have wanted to play Splatoon, but I don't have anyone to play with.

Also does anyone else play the FE app? I need more friends for the next gauntlet xD

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #2147 on: November 03, 2017, 11:37:38 PM »
It's amazing how many mods there are for Mount & Blade: Warband. Crusader mods, samurai mods, Star Wars mods, mods for the Napoleonic wars. By far my favorite is the Middle-Earth mod, Last Days of the Third Age. I'd even say it's a better Middle-Earth game than all the official Middle-Earth games (it's so complete with the cultures/locations/characters, many of which came from the books, not the movies).

On a different note -- they'd better hurry up with Episode 3 of Life Is Strange: Before the Storm. I want to see what happens to Chloe. She ain't doin' so well.
Be not overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise.
Why should you destroy yourself?

Ecclesiastes 7:16