Author Topic: Audiobooks/Podcasts  (Read 276 times)

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
Audiobooks/Podcasts
« on: December 02, 2017, 01:34:54 AM »
I listen to audiobooks because I can't always make time to read things, but at least I can listen while drawing, exercising or doing yardwork. Here are just a few that I've found.
  • HorrorBabble. GREAT recordings of Edgar Allen Poe, H. P. Lovecraft and other old authors of horror. They're always coming out with new stuff, and I enjoy it immensely.
  • Bright Eyes Project. An episodic coming-of-age story set in space. Just happened to stumble upon it one day, small project by a group of people I don't even know. Shaping up to be really good.
You guys listen to anything like this?
If we donít resist the call of the light,
Weíre no better than moths.

Emo Kylo Ren (Renís Rights Activist)

Offline The Melody Maker

• Slave for Christ
  • Administrator
  • Level 8
  • The melody fades... in! :D
    • The BASIC FAQs
Re: Audiobooks/Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 07:53:50 AM »
-- Russell (aka "MelMak")
"[Sing] and [make] melody with your heart to the Lord." --Ephesians 5:19b

Current projects:
The Traveller's Guide (complete)
Private Property (in progress)
Special Delivery (on hiatus)

Offline Lizzie Grace the Geek

• Likes Scooby-Doo, Loves Jesus!
  • Level 4
  • Zoinks!
    • My Google+ Page
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 09:35:59 AM »
Magic Tree House audiobooks that we got in Wendy's kids meals. They were read by the author.

Also would Adventures in Odyssey count???
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 09:38:05 AM by Lizzie Grace the Geek »
Instagram: lizzie_grace_the_geek
Snapchat: lizziegthegeek
Pinterest: Lizzie G. the Geek

Hope to see ya! 🙋

Offline iHasPianoKeys

• I'm also on YouTube @ ProtectTheAlphaWolf!
  • Level 4
  • La La Land is ruining my dreams again =_=
    • DeviantArt page:
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn4sXhHGR8&list=PLKqxM1IJ8PTUYW3EAgXIQjzZFUsdaklei

For any of my X-Men or Marvel fans out there, the X-Men audio drama is a surprisingly well-done, accurate-to-the-source-material audio series that is currently up for free on YouTube. I know you can download the episodes elsewhere legally on their site, but I forgot where. It may seem a little bit far-fetched and poorly acted/written at first, but once you realize that it is a direct adaptation of the original comic books, you cut it some slack.

It's fun, over-the-top and reminiscent of the old radio plays of days past. (Reference intended! Heheh.) There is some objectionable content later on; as it is an audio play, nothing is seen of course, but it has at least a couple instances of implied pre-marital sex between two underage, teenage characters, as well as a situation in which an unmarried couple live together in an apartment, and wake up in the same bed. Aside from some drinking and a bit of cussing, it's a perfectly good adaptation of the X-Men stories, and honestly, is really fun for me to listen to.

As for podcasts, all that comes to mind is Good Mythical Morning, lol. There's also always Adventures in Odyssey!

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 08:16:05 PM »
I found a good LibriVox recording of The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells. (Not every LibriVox recording is good, but sometimes, you find a diamond in the rough.)

EDIT: I also mean to listen to another one called The Wood Between the World by William Morris. I know nothing about this story, except the person who recommended it said it was good.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 08:31:40 PM by Theomedes »
If we donít resist the call of the light,
Weíre no better than moths.

Emo Kylo Ren (Renís Rights Activist)