Author Topic: Random thoughts <3  (Read 855683 times)

Offline yorokobigirl123

• God's child, Senior CMer, trying to be an artist
  • Level 8
  • I'm Yoro, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D in training.
    • Tumblr Account
Re: Random thoughts <3
« Reply #24465 on: February 15, 2018, 12:22:05 AM »
Stop attacking me for saying something that every single person I know says...please. I donít like being attacked when I did nothing wrong...itís completely unfair to me. Valentineís Day means something different for everyone and there is nothing wrong with singles awareness day imo. Iím not trying to be selfish. Iím acknowledging anyone who is lonely and single...which is a lot of people, not just myself.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:25:44 AM by yorokobigirl123 »
my favorite verses are Psalms 139 and Romans 8:28 deviantart: animeiscool1234.deviantart.com
Tumblr: jessmk93.tumblr.com

Offline Theomedes

• Ex (?) Loose Cannon for Christ / They Used to Call Me Splinter
  • Level 4
« Reply #24466 on: February 15, 2018, 12:37:32 AM »
@yokoro
I don't think you did anything wrong. I don't think anyone did anything wrong. I don't think anyone means to attack anybody. I certainly don't. Regardless, I apologize for the offense (real or perceived) that I happened to give. That was never my intention.
If we donít resist the call of the light,
Weíre no better than moths.

Emo Kylo Ren (Renís Rights Activist)

Online redfur-akamaru

• CM Senpai and Comic creator
  • Level 9
  • callieeileen.tumblr.com
    • Art Blog - Tumblr
« Reply #24467 on: February 15, 2018, 01:23:55 AM »
@Yoro
Wasn't an attack, nor did you do anything wrong. My message didn't say "Don't do this bad thing, you're being selfish". Rather, I was attempting to be loving and encourage you, and others, to use today as an opportunity to love others. It's not a matter of one person's idea for this day is right, obviously that's not going to be true. Instead, whatever Valentine's means to you, let us all spend today sharing God's love with others instead of focusing on what we don't have.

Offline yorokobigirl123

• Level 8
    • Tumblr Account
« Reply #24468 on: February 15, 2018, 03:31:26 AM »
I can see you guys didnít mean anything by it. Iím sorry for reacting the way I did. But honestly, it did upset me. I was just using an ordinary cultural reference, not trying to make the focus abou me. I donít appreciate when people make that assumption.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:16:43 AM by yorokobigirl123 »
my favorite verses are Psalms 139 and Romans 8:28 deviantart: animeiscool1234.deviantart.com

Offline Lizzie Grace the Geek

• Likes Scooby-Doo, Loves Jesus!
  • Level 4
  • Zoinks!
    • My Google+ Page
« Reply #24469 on: February 15, 2018, 08:08:51 AM »
 :sighingplz: Sorry, bro!
Instagram: lizzie_grace_the_geek
Snapchat: lizziegthegeek
Pinterest: Lizzie G. the Geek

Hope to see ya! 🙋

Offline rigningardagur

• Level 4
« Reply #24470 on: February 15, 2018, 06:00:32 PM »
Happy singles awareness day
I can see you guys didnít mean anything by it. Iím sorry for reacting the way I did. But honestly, it did upset me. I was just using an ordinary cultural reference, not trying to make the focus abou me. I donít appreciate when people make that assumption.

i actually kinda found the original comment sorta funny in a way. like, not finding it funny that you're single at all, but i just felt like saying "single's awareness day" was funny, because in the world today it seems like people are always trying to bring awareness for things, and making "awareness" days.

so i didn't find it offensive or anything. i hope that makes you feel better ? ;u;b

Offline yorokobigirl123

• Level 8
    • Tumblr Account
« Reply #24471 on: February 16, 2018, 02:19:11 AM »
Yeah I was just trying to be funny really. I mean itís a silly idea, but also true xD. Because as a culture we are too heavily focused on couples. Even I get caught up in it. I was a little depressed yesterday and trying to make light of it, but...and it was not just cause Iím single, but I didnít even have my mom or anyone around all day and it was a holiday so it was upset about that.

Offline FreakForGod

• Forge the Melon Lord
  • Level 6
« Reply #24472 on: February 16, 2018, 02:21:02 PM »
I think ďsingles awareness dayĒ has always been seen as a more negative thing by a lot of people, including the ones that celebrate it. It seems to be used as a joke for people to feel sorry for themselves and to let other people know that theyíre alone on Valentineís Day, but really, thereís nothing wrong with being single.. Itís better to be single than with someone that isnít right for you. Iíd say a better option is to just focus on the people you love and be thankful for your time of singleness on Valentineís Day. Thereís value to that season of life. Eventually, God will bring someone into your life to celebrate with.

Besides, Valentineís Day is stupid anyway so thereís also that.

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #24473 on: February 16, 2018, 02:28:51 PM »
Eventually, God will bring someone into your life to celebrate with.
Or even if he doesn't bring someone into your life in that way, there is untold value to Christian celibacy. I really believe this now. I didn't used to.

Besides, Valentineís Day is stupid anyway so thereís also that.
Can't argue with that. ;)

Online The ninja artist

• Aspiring cartoonist and fully trained Ninja Master
  • Level 7
  • ...also D-Kitsune's little brother.
« Reply #24474 on: February 16, 2018, 02:44:46 PM »
I think a lot of you guys missed the joke...

"Love can be a delicate thing, If opened it can be forsaken, If closed it can be forgotten, If nurtured it can awaken, If forgotten it can corrupt, If sought it can confuse, If inhibited it can obstruct" ~Cherry Blossom

YOUTUBE! DEVIANT ART! GO!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIFL8IzPy-NYmCvrCmDmuIQ
https://theninjaartist16.deviantart.com/

Offline yorokobigirl123

• Level 8
    • Tumblr Account
« Reply #24475 on: February 16, 2018, 03:07:23 PM »
 yeah I already know those things. I know you guys mean well and all but I donít need to be preached at and you guys are taking it way too seriously. I should know, Iím typically a very serious person.

Offline Theomedes

• Level 4
« Reply #24476 on: February 16, 2018, 03:09:37 PM »
No, no, I get it now. It was supposed to be funny. Anyway... that's all I got to say about that. :P